Keith Augustine interview

189 Replies, 25420 Views

I think it was Michael Sabom, Light and Death (1998), but that'll have to be double-checked by someone.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ninshub's post:
  • malf
(2018-07-18, 01:01 AM)malf Wrote: This is fair enough. I’m staring at my kindle wondering whether to splash the cash Smile I’m concerned that the book may be a very ‘one eyed’ approach, and your demeanour in this thread hasn’t eased that concern.

Does the book come with a list of references for each case? What’s the earliest source you have for Pam’s claim?

Any other NDE scholars out there... I’m looking for the earliest time it percolated into the public arena.

As a matter of interest, have you watched the BBC documentary "The Day I Died"? The BBC is certainly not known for its soft treatment of such stories but this was one of the few that they allowed to air without asserting some materialist message or disclaimer. It is, however, very hard to find a copy since they withdrew the DVD from sale and and have blocked YouTube copies pretty efficiently. Right now it is available on Vimeo so watch while you can.

I do not make any clear distinction between mind and God. God is what mind becomes when it has passed beyond the scale of our comprehension.
Freeman Dyson
[-] The following 6 users Like Kamarling's post:
  • tim, Titus Rivas, Typoz, malf, Valmar, Doug
Ok. From reading the forums I had understood that worlee’s concerns were solely centered around anaesthetic awareness. I hadn’t seen this before, but it answers a lot of my questions. 

http://neardth.com/pam-reynolds-near-dea...hree-years

In Pam’s own words:
Quote:Interviewer: Did you discuss your experience to others other than your doctor? 

Pamela Reynolds: Yes, everyone. It was pretty funny also. I thought I had hallucinations and when I talked with my family and my husband, we were joking. That made everyone laugh with the exception of nurses, the doctor, the anesthesiologist and neurophysiologists ... They did not seem to find it funny and they hardly dared to look at me. In fact, they knew that I was not hallucinating and that this had occurred. They had never heard of such things before. I thought maybe it was my imagination and I had a dream, but they told me that this was not the case and what I saw really happened.

No mention of Greene. There is much more about informed consent and the medico legal situation. It is clear that there was a three year period of cross contamination and confirmation before she met with Sabom.
I also hadn’t realised (or had forgotten) that Reynolds and Spetzler were old family friends.
(2018-07-18, 01:01 AM)malf Wrote: This is fair enough. I’m staring at my kindle wondering whether to splash the cash Smile I’m concerned that the book may be a very ‘one eyed’ approach, and your demeanour in this thread hasn’t eased that concern.

Does the book come with a list of references for each case? What’s the earliest source you have for Pam’s claim?

Any other NDE scholars out there... I’m looking for the earliest time it percolated into the public arena.

Well, here is just one reference that will answer all these questions: Rivas, T., Dirven, A., & Smit, R.H. (2016). The Self Does Not Die. Durham: IANDS.

Give it some effort and good luck!
(This post was last modified: 2018-07-18, 07:33 AM by Titus Rivas.)
[-] The following 2 users Like Titus Rivas's post:
  • Raimo, Doug
(2018-07-18, 07:10 AM)Titus Rivas Wrote: Well, here is just one reference that will answer all these questions: Rivas, T., Dirven, A., & Smit, R.H. (2016). The Self Does Not Die. Durham: IANDS.

Give it some effort and good luck!
Buy the book, malf.
Hell, p.m. me a mailing address and I'll send you my copy. Free.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Oleo's post:
  • Ninshub
(2018-07-18, 03:22 AM)malf Wrote: Ok. From reading the forums I had understood that worlee’s concerns were solely centered around anaesthetic awareness. I hadn’t seen this before, but it answers a lot of my questions. 

http://neardth.com/pam-reynolds-near-dea...hree-years

In Pam’s own words:

No mention of Greene. There is much more about informed consent and the medico legal situation. It is clear that there was a three year period of cross contamination and confirmation before she met with Sabom.

What is the fact that a few years passed between when she had her experience and when Sabom sat down with her supposed to prove in the context of who she discussed the details with first? And why would you expect Woorlee to mention Greene?
(2018-07-19, 10:54 PM)Will Wrote: What is the fact that a few years passed between when she had her experience and when Sabom sat down with her supposed to prove in the context of who she discussed the details with first? And why would you expect Woorlee to mention Greene?

Probably need to read the whole thread, or at least the last 4-5 pages. And that was a quote from Pam not Worlee - she was talking to everyone about her experience. Again, this needs to be taken in context with comments from Tim etc, earlier in the thread.
(2018-07-20, 12:42 AM)malf Wrote: Probably need to read the whole thread, or at least the last 4-5 pages. And that was a quote from Pam not Worlee - she was talking to everyone about her experience. Again, this needs to be taken in context with comments from Tim etc, earlier in the thread.

I've gone through the thread; I still don't know what your point is in referring to Woerlee's page. In the snippet of interview he quotes from, Pam isn't asked who the first person she talked to was, she's asked if she discussed the incident with people other than her doctor, which she confirms.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Will's post:
  • Valmar
(2018-07-20, 01:17 AM)Will Wrote: I've gone through the thread; I still don't know what your point is in referring to Woerlee's page. In the snippet of interview he quotes from, Pam isn't asked who the first person she talked to was, she's asked if she discussed the incident with people other than her doctor, which she confirms.

Yep. She was talking to everyone, as would be expected.

• View a Printable Version