Is there an after life.

84 Replies, 6428 Views

After few year reading stuff about physicist saying about there is no after life (alot) and other say there is an after life i feel lost, being cover with fear and darkness, ask myself what will happen when i lost my family, can i meet them again or just lost them forever.
After that i still dont know how many % is there to have an after life can you answer ?
(2019-07-02, 01:31 PM)Vy Chấn Hải Wrote: After few year reading stuff about physicist saying about there is no after life (alot) and other say there is an after life i feel lost, being cover with fear and darkness, ask myself what will happen when i lost my family, can i meet them again or just lost them forever.
After that i still dont know how many % is there to have an after life can you answer ?

I also fear that darkness (oblivion) which is why I search for answers. The answers, however, are never certain. They are tantalisingly out of reach of such certainty. Maybe, in my estimation, about 95% of the journey towards certainty. One day, when I die, it will be 100%.
I do not make any clear distinction between mind and God. God is what mind becomes when it has passed beyond the scale of our comprehension.
Freeman Dyson
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kamarling's post:
  • Obiwan
This post has been deleted.
Max_B Wrote:Can't see how anyone can say there isn't, or there is, with any certainty at all. Rationally it seems 50:50 to me, might be, or might not be... but I tend towards there probably being some type of experience after my death... but possibly not one I'm likely to be able to understand from here.

What else could seeing your own body from above, travelling down a tunnel towards an unearthly (heavenly) light, and meeting your deceased relatives who look very much alive (all when you have no brain activity) actually mean ? 

It couldn't be, could it ?
[-] The following 5 users Like tim's post:
  • OmniVersalNexus, Ika Musume, Enrique Vargas, Valmar, Raimo
Kamarling Wrote:I also fear that darkness (oblivion) which is why I search for answers. The answers, however, are never certain. They are tantalisingly out of reach of such certainty. Maybe, in my estimation, about 95% of the journey towards certainty. One day, when I die, it will be 100%.

"The answers, however, are never certain."

Not for us, no, Dave but many of those that have had the experience claim to know for certain, don't they.  Doesn't prove anything of course but it's at least persuasive.
[-] The following 8 users Like tim's post:
  • OmniVersalNexus, Ika Musume, Obiwan, Larry, Enrique Vargas, Valmar, Kamarling, Raimo
This Michael Prescott's blog post summarizes very well what I think about this topic:
An end to hedging

Quote:So yes, according to my best reading of the evidence, there is life after death–no ifs, ands, or buts about it.

(2019-07-02, 01:31 PM)Vy Chấn Hải Wrote: After that i still dont know how many % is there to have an after life can you answer ?

100%, but that is just my personal opinion, which is based on my personal experiences.
[-] The following 6 users Like Raimo's post:
  • OmniVersalNexus, Ika Musume, Enrique Vargas, Ninshub, tim, Valmar
Max summed up where I'm at.
This post has been deleted.
Agnosticism is the most rational view,  in my opinion. But not very emotionally fulfilling.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Oleo's post:
  • Stan Woolley
In my opinion personal experience would be a primary factor. Next is accumulated evidence of various kinds gathered and reported by others. Overlaid on all of that is ideology or belief, which can override any and all of the above. The latter can sway the balance in any direction, belief is not always 'for', there is plenty of belief 'against'. In that respect, though it plays a major role across the board, I still place ideology last, it is the least dependable.
[-] The following 2 users Like Typoz's post:
  • Kamarling, tim

• View a Printable Version