Debunk my experience

82 Replies, 8084 Views

Nice to see you again Max, I was starting to wonder about you.
[-] The following 2 users Like Ninshub's post:
  • Max_B, tim
This post has been deleted.
(2019-04-21, 01:38 PM)fls Wrote: Sartori tried to interview each subject 3 times. The part where Patient 10 makes this report (in Interview 2) goes as follows:
(P is Penny, 10 is Patient 10) (Parts in square brackets are information asides from Penny.)

P: I've asked you this before. You didn't notice the monitor did you? At the bedside, the one that registers that heart rate and blood pressure.
10: I saw that yes but I was up there looking down. [In the first interview he said that he did not notice it.] I could see everybody working there. My body was laying out...(irrelevant stuff)

P: Did you see any brightly coloured paper on top of the monitor with a picture on it?
10: No.
P: Because it would have stood out.
10: No, the only thing I saw was a monitor, I didn't see any words.
P: What did the monitor look like when you were up there, what shape was it?
10: Come to think of it ... no words ... it was a ... the thing about the monitor, it seemed to be ... it wasn't square, it was longer, oblong. On top ... it was a bit ... the only thing I think was on top of it was more of a pinky colour. Everything seemed to be pinky. [The symbol above his bed area was surrounded by a Day-Glo orange colour.]

Linda

FWIW - here's a sample of Day-Glo orange:

[Image: 202436_d3bdd8a1-31f2-4252-ab7b-7fcaaea1e80e.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Will's post:
  • Obiwan
(2019-04-24, 03:28 AM)Will Wrote: FWIW - here's a sample of Day-Glo orange:

I’d have said that was pink.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Obiwan's post:
  • tim
I'd say it is physically impossible to share a sample of fluorescent colours via a computer screen. The essential property is the chemical constituents which respond to light in a particular way. The computer screen doesn't receive those chemicals, so cannot respond to light in the same way.
(This post was last modified: 2019-04-24, 08:29 AM by Typoz.)
[-] The following 2 users Like Typoz's post:
  • tim, Steve001
(2019-04-24, 08:28 AM)Typoz Wrote: I'd say it is physically impossible to share a sample of fluorescent colours via a computer screen. The essential property is the chemical constituents which respond to light in a particular way. The computer screen doesn't receive those chemicals, so cannot respond to light in the same way.

I'm sure that's right. Having said that, online representations of Dayglo Orange appear - perhaps unsurprisingly - more orange than pink.
[-] The following 2 users Like Guest's post:
  • Obiwan, Steve001
(2019-04-24, 07:22 AM)Obiwan Wrote: I’d have said that was pink.

I suspect that's the reaction most people would have when reading the account (with Penny's aside).

Linda
(2019-04-24, 08:28 AM)Typoz Wrote: I'd say it is physically impossible to share a sample of fluorescent colours via a computer screen. The essential property is the chemical constituents which respond to light in a particular way. The computer screen doesn't receive those chemicals, so cannot respond to light in the same way.

If this is meant to be relevant to Sartori's study...she used paper.

Linda
(2019-04-24, 03:28 AM)Will Wrote: FWIW - here's a sample of Day-Glo orange:

Salmon
[-] The following 3 users Like Steve001's post:
  • Doug, tim, Ninshub
(2019-04-24, 09:56 AM)Chris Wrote: I'm sure that's right. Having said that, online representations of Dayglo Orange appear - perhaps unsurprisingly - more orange than pink.

Pumpkin orange.

• View a Printable Version