Dean Radin's spoon

68 Replies, 6210 Views

(2019-07-20, 09:56 AM)Typoz Wrote: I think it's difficult to propose alternative materials as a realistic test unless we know what it is we are testing for. For example a tv remote, typically it would have a rectangular box-like construction, bending here would have to involve stretching and elongating on at least three of the sides, rather than simple bending. Wooden objects, this could be interesting, but the resulting internal structure would have to be compared with that of wood curved by traditional methods, such as when constructing the curved sides of a violin or guitar.
Well, these PK parties seem to have an idea of the conditions that induce the effect, and what signs of the effect are (the object getting warm and putty-like); I would think that there would be an active interest in seeing if other materials would respond in a similar way, and that that would bolster the PK hypothesis.
(2019-07-21, 12:55 AM)Mediochre Wrote: Oh and according to Malf, if engineers, right now, just started adding in extra strength or whatever into their calculations on whatever they're working on and said that it's to account for "Pink Unicorn Fart Reactions" then that means, according to Malf, that "Pink Unicorn Fart Reactions" are real and valid things because "Look! Engineers are adding it into their calculations!"

Totally how science works.

I think that is a bit of a dangerous approach.

One might find oneself believing in dowsing just because it's reportedly used by most of the water supply companies in the UK:
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/201...ind-leaks/
[-] The following 3 users Like Guest's post:
  • Mediochre, Obiwan, malf
(2019-07-21, 06:48 AM)Chris Wrote: I think that is a bit of a dangerous approach.

One might find oneself believing in dowsing just because it's reportedly used by most of the water supply companies in the UK:
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/201...ind-leaks/

Just to be clear you realize that this was the sort of irrationality I was trying to point out in his posts purely appeal to populism an appeal to authority reasoning. Not that I think it myself, right?
"The cure for bad information is more information."
(2019-07-21, 03:00 PM)Mediochre Wrote: Just to be clear you realize that this was the sort of irrationality I was trying to point out in his posts purely appeal to populism an appeal to authority reasoning. Not that I think it myself, right?

Yes, I did realise. It was the reference to pink unicorns that did it. Wink
[-] The following 1 user Likes Guest's post:
  • Obiwan
(2019-07-21, 03:02 PM)Chris Wrote: Yes, I did realise. It was the reference to pink unicorns that did it. Wink

I figured but wasn't quite sure because I saw it and went

"Wait, why is he quoting me? And why did malf like it? Am I missing something here?"
"The cure for bad information is more information."
(2019-07-21, 03:31 PM)Mediochre Wrote: I figured but wasn't quite sure because I saw it and went

"Wait, why is he quoting me? And why did malf like it? Am I missing something here?"

Malf is pretty fair with his likes. He appreciates good answers even if he disagrees with them (or so it seems to me).
I do not make any clear distinction between mind and God. God is what mind becomes when it has passed beyond the scale of our comprehension.
Freeman Dyson
[-] The following 3 users Like Kamarling's post:
  • Obiwan, tim, Mediochre
(2019-07-19, 07:46 PM)Will Wrote:  as opposed to, say, Shermer's pet explanation of adrenaline in social settings spurring people on to certain feats.
If someone thinks Shermer has something useful to say, then I need to switch tennis matches.
(2019-07-21, 04:33 PM)Kamarling Wrote: Malf is pretty fair with his likes. He appreciates good answers even if he disagrees with them (or so it seems to me).
Also he believes in Pink Unicorns:
Why Most Atheists Believe in Pink Unicorns 
QED
[-] The following 1 user Likes North's post:
  • Laird
(2019-07-22, 04:41 PM)North Wrote: If someone thinks Shermer has something useful to say, then I need to switch tennis matches.
I didn't say I agreed with it - that was one extant example.

• View a Printable Version