Dean Radin's spoon

68 Replies, 6209 Views

(2019-06-28, 07:59 AM)Chris Wrote: I've always assumed the rules were primarily intended to prevent pseudo-sceptics disrupting legitimate discussion, without preventing people who happen to be sceptical from participating in legitimate discussion. Whatever they were intended to say, I think as they are written they accomplish that quite well. (They let in someone who is a believer in some phenomena but a pseudo-sceptic about others, but thankfully that's not common. And they exclude some legitimate discussion by reasonable sceptics, but without much more proactive moderation to decide what points are legitimate and what aren't, perhaps that's unavoidable to some extent.)

If they're going to be changed to prevent anyone whatsoever arguing against a whole category of phenomena in this forum, I think that would be a big mistake. I think if someone starts a thread about - say - the so-called "electronic voice phenomena," it's crazy to have a rule that would prevent someone who is generally a proponent from expressing the opinion that they are an example of pareidolia. And in many cases it's impossible to discuss particular instances while pretending to ignore an elephant in the room in the shape of a general argument.
Good point Chris.

We'll take this into consideration, but there is still an ambiguity about the wording, we feel. Maybe what we could do is prepare a draft and then create a discussion here (not in this specific thread!) about what you guys think.
[-] The following 2 users Like Ninshub's post:
  • tim, Typoz
Don’t know if anyone’s posted this but there’s talk of spoonbending.

Oh my God, I hate all this.   Surprise
[-] The following 3 users Like Stan Woolley's post:
  • Mediochre, Typoz, Ninshub
Some time ago, I wrote about my experience with spoon bending:

http://www.skeptiko-forum.com/threads/sp...nding.360/
[-] The following 7 users Like North's post:
  • Will, Laird, Obiwan, Raf999, Stan Woolley, Ninshub, Typoz
(2019-06-28, 02:29 PM)North Wrote: Some time ago, I wrote about my experience with spoon bending:

"What about fraud? You supply the utensils, you do the bending."

If this is true then surely it becomes much more interesting.
(2019-06-28, 02:29 PM)North Wrote: Some time ago, I wrote about my experience with spoon bending:

What kinds of bends did you get out of your silverware?
(2019-06-28, 04:08 PM)Raf999 Wrote: "What about fraud? You supply the utensils, you do the bending."

If this is true then surely it becomes much more interesting.

The universe is very interesting!

With unusual phenomena, personal experience is the most convincing.
(2019-06-28, 04:28 PM)Will Wrote: What kinds of bends did you get out of your silverware?

I used some strong forks and when the effect was active I could bend the tines like pipe cleaners.

I also bent neck of a spoon into double circle spiral.

But main thing is to have the personal experience when the the metal shifts from rigid to pliable.
[-] The following 3 users Like North's post:
  • Will, Typoz, Obiwan
(2019-07-16, 08:46 PM)North Wrote: I used some strong forks and when the effect was active I could bend the tines like pipe cleaners.

I also bent neck of a spoon into double circle spiral.

But main thing is to have the personal experience when the the metal shifts from rigid to pliable.
Thanks.

I have to say - that's the part of a spoon that I can bend on my own right now if I wanted. But, I can't do much more than pull it up or down - I can't imagine the circumstances where I'd be able to twist it into a spiral, or move the tines on a fork. That is certainly interesting.

Do you remember if anyone tried manipulating anything other than metal? Or an object made of multiple pieces?
(2019-07-17, 06:09 AM)Will Wrote: Thanks.

I have to say - that's the part of a spoon that I can bend on my own right now if I wanted. But, I can't do much more than pull it up or down - I can't imagine the circumstances where I'd be able to twist it into a spiral, or move the tines on a fork. That is certainly interesting.

Do you remember if anyone tried manipulating anything other than metal? Or an object made of multiple pieces?
For this exercise people just used metal cutlery they had brought.
I would be very interested to know if there are any claims of macro-PK comparable to spoon-bending with other materials; if anyone's claimed similar results with wood, for instance, or multi-piece plastic devices.

• View a Printable Version