AwareofAWARE blog author's new book

12 Replies, 1489 Views

(2021-01-15, 05:09 PM)OmniVersalNexus Wrote: Apologies, I have a wordpress account and I didn't realise this. Try this one: https://awareofaware.co/

Orson is his name, apologies. Ben is his pseudonym I think (from a character in one of his books). I think he's a molecular biologist and currently studying in neuroscience.

Thanks. I’ll take a look at the blog but as for the book, I tend to agree with Tim: the moment I see some kind of religious connotation in the title I swerve away. Too many books about NDEs have been promoted as proof of Heaven or God or Angels. Firstly those experiences prove no such thing and secondly it is usually a marketing ploy by the publisher to attract the huge evangelical audience in the USA.
I do not make any clear distinction between mind and God. God is what mind becomes when it has passed beyond the scale of our comprehension.
Freeman Dyson
[-] The following 4 users Like Kamarling's post:
  • Brian, OmniVersalNexus, Typoz, tim
(2021-01-15, 06:13 PM)Kamarling Wrote: Thanks. I’ll take a look at the blog but as for the book, I tend to agree with Tim: the moment I see some kind of religious connotation in the title I swerve away. Too many books about NDEs have been promoted as proof of Heaven or God or Angels. Firstly those experiences prove no such thing and secondly it is usually a marketing ploy by the publisher to attract the huge evangelical audience in the USA.
It also seems to me that the books subject to this type of over-the-top evangelical marketing are often somewhat lacking in substance, most of the weight is in the cover page, rather than inside.
(This post was last modified: 2021-01-16, 08:46 AM by Typoz.)
[-] The following 3 users Like Typoz's post:
  • Brian, tim, Kamarling
I am not familiar enough with the author to question if his intention was to push a particular religious view, but the matter of “BOL as God” seems like a valid metaphysical question. Perhaps not something that may belong in the cover, but relevant.
"Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before..."
[-] The following 1 user Likes E. Flowers's post:
  • Typoz

• View a Printable Version