A spooky poke in the arm

0 Replies, 816 Views

I posted this one on Skeptiko but I'm not sure if I have posted it here.  I think Typoz was right, that it would be cool to have more personal experiences posted so I will hopefully go through some of mine in the near future.

OK, here goes...
It was 1998 and I had separated from my first wife and moved into a bedsit. The house was quite old and there were three other people living there. I lived downstairs next to a friend of mine. We'll call her "B" One day, B told me she felt very uneasy in the section of the house between our kitchen and the small common room. She felt there was a presence and that it was female. I was so used to new agers and charismatic christians having "feelings" that I was sceptical so I dismissed it in my mind. A few weeks later, B had moved into a Buddhist community and I was alone downstairs. I walked into the kitchen and just as I looked at the window, I saw a white misty shape move along outside. I reasoned that it must be the fire door closing and somehow the light from it was reflecting off walls and into the window but I couldn't work out how this could be at those angles. Then one day I was walking from the kitchen into the common room and I was poked quite strongly in the arm. The room was empty but it felt exactly like a physical person had poked me. A week or so Later my wife came around for dinner and coffee and while we were sitting in the common room she suddenly looked puzzled. I asked her what was up and she said she thought she saw something move between us. I asked "did it look like a white mist?" Very stupid of me - I should have just asked what it looked like but my wife was a very honest person so when she said yes I trusted her.

Another friend of mine suggested it might have been a muscle spasm but I have had those and they feel entirely different. The strangest part of all this was that I wasn't at all scared when it happened.
[-] The following 7 users Like Brian's post:
  • Ninshub, Sciborg_S_Patel, Raimo, Mediochre, Obiwan, Typoz, Doug

• View a Printable Version