Psience Quest

Full Version: Existential confusion and questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I came upon an article :

https://www.cracked.com/image-pictofact-8213-13-scientific-findings-about-death-and-dying

Which led me to this source :

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-60495730

There must obviously be a correlation , an identifiable physical marker , of consciousness (soul), whatever u wanna call it … becuz articles like this never address (and I know they can’t regarding this particular patient , becuz he did not survive to tell what, if anything , he experienced … but questions such as :

Why do many report viewing things or feeling things from others perspectives and it often surrounds themes of connection, Unity, remorse for hurting others , love , etc .

Why do many report a being with them, guiding , teaching etc

What about learning of a loved one passed over, thru the NDE , not previously known, and verifying it later ?

But then … I heard a story (I can never find the article ), a man died and came back, said he was told it was not his time , only to die (for good) … and I cannot remember the exact time frame . Something like 27 minutes later . So he needed to come back for thirty min? To what? His soul couldn’t have waited a half hour .

Or I read a horrific story in the news about a person forced to murder his friend and I won’t talk about how cuz it’s graphic but the point is .. what was that? In the souls contract ? Karma ??

If telepathy is real, which there seems to be evidence for .. why when a kid is missing don’t they “link up” with a loved one to be “sensed” and found , is that against the rules ?? R most humans not “skilled or trained” to do so .

And probably most of all???? Why?? Couldn’t think of a “nicer” way to “learn love,” or to “test us” or pay back “karma” or whatever one believes … Cant learn it other than thru what? A kid getting molested ? A family member getting murdered ? Living in poverty and dying before turning 5. The creator of heaven and earth , that’s the best ?

Last time I checked , it seems like a wild, random, chaotic place of insanity on this planet . Sometimes I wonder , is this hell . Is this purgatory . Not really just saying .

No matter what evidence , still always lingering doubts . I feel they r rational questions and confusions .

Just generating conversation. I like these topics and most people I know don’t even think of this stuff .

What r some other thoughts or opinions .. or confusions / questions???
I think you are mixing two separate topics -

1. Consciousness is not confined to the brain - Psi & Survival.

2. There is a designed purpose to mortal human existence.

As someone who isn't convinced there's even an ordered design to the afterlife I don't see a reason to think this life is a school or gym or whatever.

That said I do think there are benevolent entities that wish us well, but I have doubts there is a Creator who cares about everything He/She/It created.
(2023-09-09, 04:17 PM)Bill37 Wrote: [ -> ]What r some other thoughts or opinions .. or confusions / questions???

Confusion is good... one has to keep searching... there are many unexplained experiences...

For example:
Try reading Andy Gilbert's 'Credible Witness' and 'Credible Witness II'.
Study perception.
Work though Edwin Land's theory of colour.
Read Celia Green's 'Apparitions'.
Try and understand why Quantum Mechanics is different from our classical way of understanding the world.
etc etc.

Unfortunately you can't just be told the answer...