Psience Quest

Full Version: UFOs, Art and the Imaginal with J. F. Martel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Quote:Writer, speaker, filmmaker, podcaster and cultural theorist J. F. Martel joins the show this week to explore art, creativity, UFOs and the Imaginal.
  • We discuss C. G. Jung, David Lynch, Ramsay Dukes, Bergson, and Corbin.
  • We look at what insights might come from having a better definition of ‘image’ when it comes to UFO phenomena.
  • We talk about creativity as and with magic.
And generally try to wrestle down to earth something approaching a Grand Unified Weird Theory.
Super fun, super deep discussion. Download the audio version here or watch along on YouTube below.

Quote:Show Notes
Gordon White always comes across as very amiable with his guests, but sometimes when he finishes I find it hard to know what I have learned.

The one definite thing I took away from this talk is that we should shun debates like do UFO's travel here, or are they a phenomenon related to consciousness. We should concentrate on the idea that our reality admits both possibilities.

David
(2023-05-24, 10:51 PM)David001 Wrote: [ -> ]Gordon White always comes across as very amiable with his guests, but sometimes when he finishes I find it hard to know what I have learned.

The one definite thing I took away from this talk is that we should shun debates like do UFO's travel here, or are they a phenomenon related to consciousness. We should concentrate on the idea that our reality admits both possibilities.

David

Yeah they actually touch on a lot of stuff relating to the Imaginal and the Invisible before discussing UFOs. I do suspect the reality of UFOs is quite strange, and likely a combination of different phenomena with some of it being more related to a spirit world or alternative dimensions and some of it maybe being visitors from other planets who have a better understanding of this universe and its non-material aspects.