Psience Quest

Full Version: Greetings, fellow seekers.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings everyone! I'm Samuel, from the beautiful hispanic nation of Colombia .

I have been a lurker in this forum for over 2 years (I started checking out the forum since December 2020 on my research of the Pam Reynolds case)

Despite my young age (18, soon to be 19 in May) I have a deep interest on all things paranormal. My great-grandfather was apparently a healer and my mother has had some experiences in her life. I unfortunately, have not been as lucky as them. I consider myself a proponent of psi and survival, albeit one which takes that position with certain precautions.

As it happens, a member of this forum (tim) already knows me from somewhere else, specifically from my extensive YouTube comments on a video of 2 atheist sceptics from the U.K (one actually from Australia) who tried (once again) to debunk the case of Pam Reynolds. I believe I layed out my defense of the case nicely. Hello tim! You might remember me as 'Zakhust' Wink .

I expect to be able to contribute at least a few things to this forum before and during my time in college, which is set to begin early in July. 

I'm glad to be here, fellas.
Welcome Sam! It's great to have you here and join our community. Thumbs Up
(2023-04-23, 02:16 PM)Ninshub Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome Sam! It's great to have you here and join our community. Thumbs Up

Thank you Ninshub!

By the way, is your username pronounced Nins-hub or Nin-shub?  Wink
The latter!
(2023-04-23, 01:24 PM)Sam Wrote: [ -> ]I consider myself a proponent of psi and survival, albeit one which takes that position with certain precautions.

That seems like a wise position.  I am perhaps overly cautious and might sometimes come across as too skeptical but I have experienced too much to just dismiss psi without thought.  Welcome to PQ Sam. Smile
(2023-04-23, 03:44 PM)Brian Wrote: [ -> ]That seems like a wise position.  I am perhaps overly cautious and might sometimes come across as too skeptical but I have experienced too much to just dismiss psi without thought.  Welcome to PQ Sam. Smile

I admit that part of the precautions I take are because I don't know many areas of evidence, and thus it may also sound like I'm overly sceptical.

Then again, I'm now a member of this forum and I can interact with people that have a greater grasp of the evidence in order to expand my knowledge, I hope.

Thank you Brian!
(2023-04-23, 03:06 PM)Ninshub Wrote: [ -> ]The latter!

I always wondered. You learn something new every day!

Welcome Sam.
(2023-04-23, 09:12 PM)diverdown Wrote: [ -> ]I always wondered. You learn something new every day!

Welcome Sam.

Thanks diverdown! (nice name btw)
Also btw - I like that record!
(2023-04-23, 01:24 PM)Sam Wrote: [ -> ]I have a deep interest on all things paranormal. My great-grandfather was apparently a healer and my mother has had some experiences in her life. I unfortunately, have not been as lucky as them. I consider myself a proponent of psi and survival, albeit one which takes that position with certain precautions.

I definitely don't think you need to have had psychic experiences to be a proponent, just as I can accept that the centre of the Earth is extremely hot without having been there.

Also, just about anyone could, in principle, set up a presentiment experiment (Dean Radin's experiment) and collect evidence that they could sense the future. Maybe Dean should even box them up and sell them to anyone interested?

David