Psience Quest

Full Version: Last posts in thread sometimes not visible when logged in
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2017-09-16, 07:44 PM)Laird Wrote: [ -> ]Have applied these fixes to our installation. One of them seems to fix the bug Chris reported, and which we had anyway hacked a solution to by disabling visibility of deleted posts to non-mod users, so I don't think it will fix Max's problem. The other - I'm not entirely sure that it will fix Max's problem either, but we'll see.

I discovered a bug in the Unread Posts plugin which caused - for logged-in non-mod users - the "last post" link to instead go to first unread post, which might solve part of Max's (and Doppel's) problems. Have reported the bug+solution and fixed it in our installation.

Please everybody let us know in this thread whether you experience this problem again.

Ah I see, great job. We'll see how it turns out.
(2017-09-16, 07:44 PM)Laird Wrote: [ -> ]Have applied these fixes to our installation. One of them seems to fix the bug Chris reported, and which we had anyway hacked a solution to by disabling visibility of deleted posts to non-mod users, so I don't think it will fix Max's problem. The other - I'm not entirely sure that it will fix Max's problem either, but we'll see.

I discovered a bug in the Unread Posts plugin which caused - for logged-in non-mod users - the "last post" link to instead go to first unread post, which might solve part of Max's (and Doppel's) problems. Have reported the bug+solution and fixed it in our installation.

Please everybody let us know in this thread whether you experience this problem again.
This is fixed for me now. Thanks.
(2017-09-16, 07:44 PM)Laird Wrote: [ -> ]I discovered a bug in the Unread Posts plugin which caused - for logged-in non-mod users - the "last post" link to instead go to first unread post, which might solve part of Max's (and Doppel's) problems. Have reported the bug+solution and fixed it in our installation.

I would have added (had I remembered it) that this seems to fix the bug that Chuck reported: Last Post Function.
Pages: 1 2