Psience Quest

Full Version: March 12th Event with Bruce Greyson
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Free, but registration required ->

After: A Doctor Explores What Near-Death Experiences Reveal about Life and Beyond with Bruce Greyson, M.D.

Quote:DATE: Friday, March 12th @ 7pm Eastern

Co-sponsored by Consciousness Cafe, The Rhine, Monroe Institute, IANDS, & Association of Tranformational Leaders
Cheers Sci! I've registered Smile
After the event, the "After" event, here's the video on youtube:
Just finished reading Greyson's book. You can easily plough through it in a few hours if you are so inclined. A lot of the stuff in there I'm personally already aware of but not all by any means.  For those interested in the subject, I would recommend it. 

It's not the greatest book I've ever read on the subject (that's a matter of opinion anyway) but he is arguably the foremost expert and this is a fascinating testimony with some of the most interesting NDE reports and insights into his journey from a sceptic, to someone who now believes survival is nearly, if not quite yet "proven".

I think more likely than not is one way he's stated this. He has certainly rejected materialism, though.

EDIT : Thinking about it,  I don't suppose he set out to write the greatest book ever, just his book.  (apologies Typoz for adding this after your "like" much appreciated  BTW)
For anyone who wants to listen before it gets taken down. It's on YouTube so presumably it's not breaking any rules is it ?  

After by Bruce Greyson Audiobook Part 2 - YouTube

After by Bruce Greyson Audiobook Part 3 - Final - YouTube  includes a discussion at the end between Greyson and Alexander

EDIT ^
(2021-03-18, 05:24 PM)tim Wrote: [ -> ]It's on YouTube so presumably it's not breaking any rules is it ?

It doesn't break any forum rules, if that's what you're asking, tim. As I understand it, we can't be held legally responsible for any copyright violations on other people's sites, even if we do link to those sites. Ethically is a different matter, but we don't police those ethics.
(2021-03-18, 07:40 PM)Laird Wrote: [ -> ]It doesn't break any forum rules, if that's what you're asking, tim. As I understand it, we can't be held legally responsible for any copyright violations on other people's sites, even if we do link to those sites. Ethically is a different matter, but we don't police those ethics.

Thanks, Laird. Have you any idea how that audio book would appear ? I mean has somebody payed for it and then uploaded it to YouTube do you think ? My knowledge in these matters is not great tbh. Surely Greyson's publisher wouldn't approve at this early stage.
(2021-03-18, 08:49 PM)tim Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, Laird. Have you any idea how that audio book would appear ? I mean has somebody payed for it and then uploaded it to YouTube do you think ? My knowledge in these matters is not great tbh. Surely Greyson's publisher wouldn't approve at this early stage.

That sounds like what probably happened, and I agree that his publisher would probably not be too happy about the video if it found out.