Psience Quest

Full Version: Why our dreams could be the key to time travel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Very interested short video by the BBC on precognition - particularly discussing precognitive dreams. Nice to see a fair hearing in such a well known and mainstream media.

Video can be found here: 

https://www.bbc.com/reel/video/p08yxrlb/...Y7YHmxXB2A
Nice vid and nice to see you back too!
(2020-11-25, 04:25 AM)Laird Wrote: [ -> ]Nice vid and nice to see you back too!

Thank you my friend - glad to be back!
I watched this some time ago, but only just got around to commenting. Yes, I appreciate it and it is good to see some openness rather than disdain towards wider experiences.

Round about the same time, I was also reading an article on the BBC site about memory.
In My Pram I Remember

Quote:900 of the memories we collected in the Memory Survey were very early "preverbal" memories - some from as early as 6-11 months old. This result has shocked scientists and academics who believe that adults do not remember memories of childhood before they can talk.

I don't think there is a direct connection with the main subject of this thread, except that I came across them both at around the same time - and both from the BBC. (I thought there were other related pages/articles I was going to share, but can't find them now. Back at that time I was somehow overloaded and not posting very much.)

I myself had some limited memories from a very young age, but was ridiculed by my family when I talked about them - they claimed it was impossible. Much the same reaction when I described seeing  someone in our house - who must have been a ghost though at the time it was just a woman (with an odd way of leaving the room) to me. Sorry, just rambling. Though we're all different, I tend to think there is a lot of human experience which doesn't receive full attention and is then lost, leading to an impression that such things never happen at all. Just musing, I don't really have a point.
(2021-03-29, 10:21 AM)Typoz Wrote: [ -> ]I myself had some limited memories from a very young age, but was ridiculed by my family when I talked about them - they claimed it was impossible.

How often do we hear this from people trying their best to be heard about something that might be of life changing import? Confused
I go through periods of having precog dreams. They're always centred around fairly insignificant events that carry an emotional component. 

For example: Last night I dreamt I was waiting tables in a restaurant and being harangued by a customer (a black lady) for forgetting their order. This morning, I'm in a hardware store being helped by an assistant when a black lady comes up and starts going off at said assistant for forgetting about her. Also, I once dreamt I was looking at my thumb and it was heavily bandaged. The next day, I cut myself chopping vegetables.

So, you see, they're pretty mundane events but do at the same time carry an emotional punch. This does certainly hint at a non-local component to memory. Also, these dreams definitely seem to come in patches.

Now I'm just waiting for the next day's lotto numbers.