Psience Quest

Full Version: Imagine a brick hitting a window...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
What, can we say, is going on?

Big Grin

edit: "Mod Plus" in that this is not meant to trigger a new discussion about human free will. Though we might end up talking about mental causation (b/c Idealism, Panpsychism, Theism) let's just stick with the brick and the window as the focal point thanks.
(2019-03-11, 10:02 PM)Sciborg_S_Patel Wrote: [ -> ]What, can we say, is going on?

Big Grin

edit: "Mod Plus" in that this is not meant to trigger a new discussion about human free will. Though we might end up talking about mental causation (b/c Idealism, Panpsychism, Theism) let's just stick with the brick and the window as the focal point thanks.

I don’t know. We would have to run a few trials to see what happens. Look for regularities and repeatable outcomes.
(2019-03-12, 01:11 AM)malf Wrote: [ -> ]I don’t know. We would have to run a few trials to see what happens. Look for regularities and repeatable outcomes.

Just to be clear, I am not offering my own windows for these trials! LOL
(2019-03-12, 01:20 AM)Sciborg_S_Patel Wrote: [ -> ]Just to be clear, I am not offering my own windows for these trials! LOL

Toughened glass?
My brain made an immediate presumption that somebody had deliberately thrown the brick but maybe that is off topic?
Bricks night be blown about by a gust of wind...

see also https://www.facebook.com/alexandra.hamit...135278912/

Apologies for distracting from the topic of this thread. I should probably have put this in "other topics".
(2019-03-11, 10:02 PM)Sciborg_S_Patel Wrote: [ -> ]What, can we say, is going on?

Big Grin

Good question. Before a meaningful answer surfaces, I would suggest you take a course in " materials science" .
(2019-03-12, 11:40 AM)Steve001 Wrote: [ -> ]Good question. Before a meaningful answer surfaces, I would suggest you take a course in " materials science" .

Have you taken this course?
(2019-03-12, 10:08 AM)Brian Wrote: [ -> ]My brain made an immediate presumption that somebody had deliberately thrown the brick but maybe that is off topic?

No that's good.
(2019-03-12, 01:41 PM)Sciborg_S_Patel Wrote: [ -> ]Have you taken this course?

No. But then I did not pose the question, you did.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5