Psience Quest

Full Version: Vegetarianism and veganism
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
(2020-08-19, 11:56 AM)tim Wrote: [ -> ]The last two lines, though I absolutely agree with

Excellent. Regardless of our other differences, this is an important agreement.

(2020-08-19, 11:56 AM)tim Wrote: [ -> ]Anyway, you can have the last word

Thanks. Because this is an issue that I feel very (most) strongly about (and despite my concern that doing so might lead to hostilities), I take you up on that offer. I will try to be brief, and avoid unpleasantness. [This is a majorly revised version of my original post, which was quite wordy].

In brief: I encourage you to consider the possibility that your fundamental objections to veganism/fruitarianism are unreasonable, because, as I see them, the one is a non sequitur (as I pointed out in post #90 to this thread), and the other is a straw man (that the core principle of veganism is to eliminate ALL suffering, including that in the natural world).

Maybe I'm right?

Finally, regarding the idea that veganism is "extreme", I think "uncompromising" is a better fit. Just as we would not compromise on our view of assaults upon and killings of humans - they are unconditionally wrong - vegans take the same view with respect to the animals we exploit in our farming, entertainment, and research sectors. In any case, if it is an extremism, it is a peaceful extremism, and why would anybody object to the idea of an "extremely" peaceful world?
(2020-08-19, 11:57 AM)Obiwan Wrote: [ -> ]Natural?

He shoots.

He scores.

It's a hat trick!
(2020-08-19, 12:54 PM)Laird Wrote: [ -> ]He shoots.

He scores.

It's a hat trick!

Yay! Lol
Article in BBC business news section:

Making honey without bees and milk without cows
Quote:"As a vegan myself, I definitely miss consuming honey," says Darko Mandich, co-founder and chief executive of MeliBio, wistfully.

It's not unusual for vegans to miss certain foods. What is unusual, though, is Mr Mandich's solution: to create a type of honey, identical to the natural kind in every molecule, but produced without involving any bees at all.
Jordan Peterson and his daughter seem to have a rare metabolic disirder.  

Personally, I prefer an omnivore diet but vegsnism 
is viable for ppl without rare metabolic diorders like
his
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11