Brian Weiss on Oprah 2013: reincarnation and grief

2 Replies, 1171 Views

I haven't read Weiss so it was interesting to hear his having had his initial skepticism challenged by veridical information accessed through his patients' experiences about his own private life.

Interesting bit too about animals, and Weiss saying they reincarnate too. This happens to hit on a question that's been on my mind the last while about whether pets and other animals reincarnate. Does anybody have information they're heard about that - whether through NDEs, mediumship, whatever else?
[-] The following 4 users Like Ninshub's post:
  • OmniVersalNexus, Raimo, Max_B, tim
Another bit from the same episode:

[-] The following 1 user Likes Ninshub's post:
  • tim
http://www.skeptiko-forum.com/threads/ma...sion.3570/ 
Here's a blast from the past. Similar discussion from 3 years ago.

I've heard animals reincarnate, it doesn't make sense to me that reincarnation would be a human only thing. Also attributable to Michael Newton's work is that animals can be brought from their own afterlife realms into those of humans by specially trained handlers, typically beloved pets - but they inevitably return. While not suggestive of reincarnation it is at least suggestive that they have a similar set up to humans.

Oh I've just remembered another story, cannot tell you at the moment where I heard this but the tale goes that in ancient society the priestly caste were concerned that too many pets were reincarnating as humans and it was causing unnecessary conflicts because the souls of pets were more 'base' in nature on the spiritual evolution scale - so their solution was to deify and mummify certain animals so that they would marshall that kind of animal spirit in their own afterlife realm rather than flood into the human sphere. Total hearsay, can't remember much of the details, it is interesting to me though.
[-] The following 2 users Like letseat's post:
  • Typoz, Ninshub

• View a Printable Version