Psience Quest

Full Version: Luke Ruehlman case
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In this [other] thread I noted Mark Sabbas, on his writings regarding reincarnation mentioned the Luke Ruehlman case. I'd actually never heard of this one before and it seems to have come up in 2022.

Here was the top search hit for me ->

I was killed and now I’m reincarnated as a boy — and I can prove it

Adriana Diaz

Quote:The Ruehlman family was connected with the paranormal investigations TV show “The Ghost Inside My Child” whose producers also investigated Luke’s shocking claims...

...The child was asked to point to Pam and had no hesitation before choosing the right woman.

Erika was finally pushed to contact Pam’s family to learn more about their late family member. She discovered strange similarities between her son and Pam, including their shared love of Stevie Wonder and playing the keyboard.

The Ruehlmans were open to share their spooky story, but Pam’s family declined to comment.

So I guess now begins the hunt for this TV show...
(2024-01-02, 07:14 PM)Sciborg_S_Patel Wrote: [ -> ]So I guess now begins the hunt for this TV show...

I watched a lot of that TV series, as I recall they were on UK tv a few years ago. They seem to appear and disappear from youtube, possibly due to copyright issues.

5-Year-Old Says He Is a WOMAN Reborn As a Boy - The Ghost Inside My Child (S1 Flashback) | LMN
(2024-01-15, 09:29 PM)Typoz Wrote: [ -> ]I watched a lot of that TV series, as I recall they were on UK tv a few years ago. They seem to appear and disappear from youtube, possibly due to copyright issues.
Which channel were these on - I used to find that paranormal phenomena would be discussed from time to time, but there would always be a SCIENTIST at some point to tell us it was nonsense.

David
(2024-01-16, 08:12 PM)David001 Wrote: [ -> ]Which channel were these on - I used to find that paranormal phenomena would be discussed from time to time, but there would always be a SCIENTIST at some point to tell us it was nonsense.

It was some years ago. It would have been one of the minor channels such as 'Pick' or something. The programs were just shown more or less as made originally for US tv. I think at the beginning there was some silly statement that it was 'for entertainment only' - as though watching a real life documentary of a small child having nightmares was entertainment.
(2024-01-02, 07:14 PM)Sciborg_S_Patel Wrote: [ -> ]In this [other] thread I noted Mark Sabbas, on his writings regarding reincarnation mentioned the Luke Ruehlman case. I'd actually never heard of this one before and it seems to have come up in 2022.

Here was the top search hit for me ->

I was killed and now I’m reincarnated as a boy — and I can prove it

Adriana Diaz

So I guess now begins the hunt for this TV show...

I searched, and found one of the TV shows I could still watch in the UK, there others were region blocked...

It's just a real shame that they jump immediately to the assumption of how to explain it (I was killed...)... rather than sticking with what they/we actually observe... that they experienced that...
(2024-01-19, 10:24 PM)Max_B Wrote: [ -> ]I searched, and found one of the TV shows I could still watch in the UK, there others were region blocked...

It's just a real shame that they jump immediately to the assumption of how to explain it (I was killed...)... rather than sticking with what they/we actually observe... that they experienced that...

But isn't the identification itself part of something that was experienced?

This isn't to say that some other explanation is impossible, just that for me "I was killed" is included in the observation.
(2024-01-20, 12:00 AM)Sciborg_S_Patel Wrote: [ -> ]But isn't the identification itself part of something that was experienced?

This isn't to say that some other explanation is impossible, just that for me "I was killed" is included in the observation.

I don't think so... in the "I was killed..." the 'I' is an incorrect extrapolation, the experience did not factually occur to them as an individual. It occurred to someone else, and they are clear about that as well. That they experience it first-person/first-hand ('internally'), and then naively assume it *was* them, is the incorrect assumption.

This is the same mistake made with the veridical NDE OBE "I was out of my body...". Because they experience it first-person/first-hand ('internally'), and then naively assume it *was* them.

Another type of mistake is made with apparitions/hauntings... because they are experienced as 'outside' of the experient (third person position), they naively assume this experience is beyond them, and so it's been naively understood to be a third party/individual (spirit). Rather than considering that they may be experiencing a third parties experience, in exactly the same way as the two previous phenomena.

These are just conventions of how we naively-understand the full range of different relative relationships, between the factual experiencer, and the experient - when it becomes obvious to the experient that something about an experience doesn't make sense to them (i.e. it could not be theirs). People have been taught to understand their relationship to their experiences incorrectly, and they fall back on the past conventions/explanations when grappling with these anomalous experiences - which are showing them that something is wrong with their whole way of understanding their experiences. And why should they not, the popular polarised views dominate the discussion of these phenomena

Experience seems to be the result of an evolving shared process. Past present, future, internal, external, scale, distance, time etc... are popularly misunderstood... deliberately so in my opinion... as The Gospel of Thomas demonstrates that somebody had already worked something similar out 2000 years ago, and even accused the elites of knowing, and hiding the truth from everyone else.