Psience Quest

Full Version: Possible (incredibly tiny) precognition dream element?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So last night, or this morning rather, I had a very involved dream. Part of it had me suddenly in front of a artificial intelligence booth, with a robot android being inside, asking me to insert my driver's license. First I put in some parking stub by mistake. Then I actually put the license card in, and the AI suddenly started saying (wrongly) I couldn't drive a car, only other vehicles. (I'm guessing this part of the dream was influenced by this forum's threads!)

This afternoon I've just come back from going to a store where I purchased a new oven. The salesman sitting down at a "booth" asked me for my driver's permit, and spent the next 20 minutes or so filing out the proper paperwork and computer stuff using the information on the permit. Just thought I'd mention it as a way of not forgetting it! Could be pure chance but I don't often dream of giving out my driver's license!
Wow - how much paperwork do you need to buy an oven?

David
Well I'm paying it through the store's credit card so I can do it through installments, so they get my name and address for the purchase info, for the delivery, and for getting me accepted and acquiring the store's credit card (which I did not have). And it's not like he asked me "can you give me a card"? He said "I'll need your driver's permit".
I wonder whether the saleman minds being compared to a robot android? Smile
Actually he wasn't anything like that. Super nice guy that did everything to drive the price down. The android was a woman by the way, really cold! You draw your own conclusions... Wink (Although I went to another store first and this was a sales lady, but she was nice as well.)
(2023-04-23, 07:57 PM)Ninshub Wrote: [ -> ]Well I'm paying it through the store's credit card so I can do it through installments, so they get my name and address for the purchase info, for the delivery, and for getting me accepted and acquiring the store's credit card (which I did not have). And it's not like he asked me "can you give me a card"? He said "I'll need your driver's permit".

Yes but an oven isn't a car - you could use an oven even if you had never learned to drive - at least in the UKSmile

David
That's what makes it a bit interesting to me. He just wanted a card with my information on it (name, address, etc.) and it's easier if they have it in front of them as they're typing on the computer than asking you and how it's spelled etc. But he could have just asked "Do you have an ID card like your medical insurance card or your driver's permit" but directly asked for the driver's permit - not that he needed anything info directly relevant to the car!

That bit in my dream really popped out into the narrative of the dream without having anything particularly to do with what preceded or what followed it.

My memory is fuzzy but I do remember making some sort of threat to the android (she really looked human but I could tell she wasn't quite - like an AI come to life) - implying I had the means to do a terrorist-like thing like blowing up her booth. I guess there was something that related to what followed, as the rest of the dream (which was just before I woke up) was a sort of apocalyptic scene where I could see human-looking androids suffocating people left and right (like an alien invasion thing), and the impulse was to hide and find out where.
So the question is, can you stuff the android inside the oven before it tries to suffocate you! Wink