Psience Quest

Full Version: Another demonstration of chatGPT 4.0 capabilities
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
(2023-05-29, 10:40 PM)nbtruthman Wrote: [ -> ]I think the mere existence of any given set of (silicon and metal) brain-body correlations can always in principle be ascribed to extremely clever programming of a hyper-sophisticated Turing machine to mimic human behavior. This human mimic machine would just be limited in its convincingness by the extent of the database of actual human behaviors. 

It seems to me that the only conclusive way of testing for true consciousness would be in using esp to actually establish a telepathic link with the AI system. In order for the human psychic to experience this, he/she would then have to be communicating with some sort of other mind, however different it was and however different was its embodiment in the physical.

What about octopuses, dolphins, elephants?

I get this is very much into sci-fi territory, heck it recalls Star Trek Next Gen's episode The Measure of a Man...but I am not sure telepathy is fair measure here. I don't think Diana Troy could read Data with her empathic powers?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13