Psience Quest

Full Version: Fulcrum Telepathy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Durward

There are certain states, or conditions, where things appear to happen more often.
One of these states for me is this fulcrum where you can either drop back off to sleep, or open your eyes and wake up.
So, 45 years ago or so, I'm sleeping on the couch. My girlfiend is cleaning up quietly, trying not to wake me up. (We are still together.)
I'm in that fulcrum zone, and I hear her voice as if she is talking to me through a metal tube say "Are you awake?"
So I sat up and said, "No, I'm not awake."
She ran screaming from the apartment, and wouldn't come back or talk to me for a few weeks.
When we did talk, she said it just isn't right to be inside her thoughts like that. She was about to ask me if I was awake because I had shifted around and she could see my eyes moving under the eyelids. Before she could say it, I sat up and answered her.
I realized that the metal tube sound and real sound were not the same thing. And I realized that most of the time when I "hear" things, they are off in speed or sound quality, yet I can recognize the voice if I know the person.
To this day, I still annoy her by answering her before she asks me things, or telling her what song or music is going on in her head. She doesn't mind now. She trusts me and loves me the way I am. Yet it is still freaky and annoying to her. She knows it's coming because I can't help but smile when I say something to her.
It is not always fulcrum data now, in particular with her or others who are very close.
But it is an excellent place to start for anyone interested in this phenomena.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4990355/
(2022-08-31, 09:39 PM)Durward Wrote: [ -> ]I realized that the metal tube sound and real sound were not the same thing. And I realized that most of the time when I "hear" things, they are off in speed or sound quality, yet I can recognize the voice if I know the person.
The way this happens is very interesting, to me and to others here at psiencequest.

"Real sound" is coming from sensory detection in the ears and signal processing in the brain.  We know that the signal from the ears is experienced after the signal is configured by the neural system, where its relations to the agent are added to the actual experience.

I suggest that there is a not only detection of the sound, there is detection in the informational environment of this relatedness.

This second "hearing" of the meanings and possible understandings connecting the sound and the agent - can be seen as the basis to study the "metal tube sound".

The traditions and modern ideas about "Akashic records", may be just this detectable structure in an environment of probable action.  Physical motion yes - but with a focus on real-world probabilities.  If I am writing about these probability structures and the information objects they generate - it could translate directly to the existence of an Akasha "environment".

ie -- I say real-world probabilities (which are math friendly) - you could understand my meaning to be corresponding to this environment described by the sacred tradition.   And being detectable by minds, as actual occasions.

Durward

(2022-09-01, 01:45 PM)stephenw Wrote: [ -> ]The way this happens is very interesting, to me and to others here at psiencequest.

"Real sound" is coming from sensory detection in the ears and signal processing in the brain.  We know that the signal from the ears is experienced after the signal is configured by the neural system, where its relations to the agent are added to the actual experience.

I suggest that there is a not only detection of the sound, there is detection in the informational environment of this relatedness.

This second "hearing" of the meanings and possible understandings connecting the sound and the agent - can be seen as the basis to study the "metal tube sound".

The traditions and modern ideas about "Akashic records", may be just this detectable structure in an environment of probable action.  Physical motion yes - but with a focus on real-world probabilities.  If I am writing about these probability structures and the information objects they generate - it could translate directly to the existence of an Akasha "environment".

ie -- I say real-world probabilities (which are math friendly) - you could understand my meaning to be corresponding to this environment described by the sacred tradition.   And being detectable by minds, as actual occasions.

Agreed, basically the processing of impossible information. How the information arrives, is processed, and comprehended, creates this illusion while supplying "more than" simply sound. I say illusion because we likely need to keep sound as eardrum pressure changes, the physical remaining physical and supplying its own limits, i.e., is the eardrum moving?
I would apply this to sight as well, and other sensations. Where, it appears that we do our best to "filter" all things into the known, the sensory, and this time / space context, for our perception of it.

Interestingly, with Persinger and the God Helmet tests, they could not determine a "here" or "there" and it appeared more like an "overlap" between two things that shared a frequency pattern (always fluctuating) that was taking place in some medium of time / space that couldn't be determined. Showing up as visual or auditory data that matched the target...
(2022-09-01, 02:16 PM)Durward Wrote: [ -> ]Agreed, basically the processing of impossible information. How the information arrives, is processed, and comprehended, creates this illusion while supplying "more than" simply sound. I say illusion because we likely need to keep sound as eardrum pressure changes, the physical remaining physical and supplying its own limits, i.e., is the eardrum moving?
I would apply this to sight as well, and other sensations. Where, it appears that we do our best to "filter" all things into the known, the sensory, and this time / space context, for our perception of it.
The idea of an information environment where detection is taking place definitely does happen with eyesight.  You can see with your eyes (physical) and you can see with your "understanding" (meaning-based).

I am talking about "seeing" through the lens of a perspective of self-interest.  Being guided by remembering similar situations and outcomes. And the goal-driven behavior bonding with future wants and needs.  This bonding with the meanings in life is called detection of affordances in the ecological environment.  The sense ability that imports desired future outcomes does this from integration in the mind, then activating its integration in the brain.  Selection activity is not from pulses from the eyes and ears, but mind realizing its wants and needs.

The good news is that this is connected to academic research.  It is the subject matter of Ecological Psychology and since it works for living things - it is the recent darling of AI.  Thinking of affordances as information objects opens the door on how understanding works.  It's not magic,  living things "see" their meanings in context to their personal real-world probabilities.