Psience Quest

Full Version: Sharing Dreams, Thoughts, and Emotions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Durward

There isn't a bunch of literature or study on shared dreams or emotions. Much more on telepathy, but that isn't the topic.
This topic is the question: How much of what we think is our own personal space is actually personal?
My reason is based on my own experiences and digging for possible answers. There isn't much literature on "dream walking" except some personal shares.
Having experienced a sudden onset of paranoia one day, I realized it wasn't mine, but my niece who was hiding from a mass shooter. It took some fancy meditation to figure out the source of that. Having been in other people's dreams, and gotten confirmation of the content, and that I was participating, it made me wonder how much of what we dream is actually our own? 
How much of daily thoughts, feelings or anything else are purely our own? How much of that is force fed from others?
So tell me what you think. I've been there and experienced it, so you aren't likely to change my mind, but debate and discussion open up new avenues of things we might miss when we experience things at a personal level.
(2022-08-30, 11:58 PM)Durward Wrote: [ -> ]Having been in other people's dreams, and gotten confirmation of the content, and that I was participating

This is really cool and fascinating to me. I would very much appreciate it if you would share more details of these dreams and the confirmation, whether publicly or privately.

I have had a few lucid dreams where I sought to obtain information about the identity of participants that I could verify on waking up, thus confirming that we had shared a dream, but this has never been successful, so I am very keen to hear about others who have had success here.

(2022-08-30, 11:58 PM)Durward Wrote: [ -> ]it made me wonder how much of what we dream is actually our own?

Great question. It is so often claimed that our dreams are purely constructs of our own minds, but - and not to be self-demeaning - I simply don't believe that my mind is powerful enough to generate much of the "real, oh so real" content of my dreams.
P.S. I've moved this thread to a more appropriate forum.

Durward

(2022-08-31, 06:42 AM)Laird Wrote: [ -> ]P.S. I've moved this thread to a more appropriate forum.

Thanks, sometimes hard to decide what might apply.

Durward

(2022-08-31, 06:32 AM)Laird Wrote: [ -> ]This is really cool and fascinating to me. I would very much appreciate it if you would share more details of these dreams and the confirmation, whether publicly or privately.

I have had a few lucid dreams where I sought to obtain information about the identity of participants that I could verify on waking up, thus confirming that we had shared a dream, but this has never been successful, so I am very keen to hear about others who have had success here.

Great question. It is so often claimed that our dreams are purely constructs of our own minds, but - and not to be self-demeaning - I simply don't believe that my mind is powerful enough to generate much of the "real, oh so real" content of my dreams.

Sure Laird, glad to share (before someone kicks me off, lol)

I had plenty of interesting Psi phenomena before this event, but it was the turning point where I sat up and took notice of dream content, followed closely by emotional and thought questions as well.

In 1980, I'm in Germany stationed in Fliegerhorst with the Army. The sleeping arrangements were crowded and I got a cot in a row of cots. So here comes the dream. I'm playing tennis (I don't play tennis, never have) with the guy in the next cot. We are both on the same side of the court, and the ball keeps coming back over the net at us like magic, no ball return. And we are losing. As usual in a dream, it is more of a witness mode, you don't really stop to think of how absurd the situation is. But this time I did, I started laughing at how stupid this was. My laughter woke me up, and I continued to laugh (trying to stifle it since it is a crowded space). I wasn't successful, and the guy in the cot next to me that was in the dream woke up and asked what was so funny. When I told him, he was shocked, since it was his dream. After that point, I was some hoodoo freak wierdo to be avoided, and since he told everyone who would listen, I was the freak of the whole battalion after that. 
People don't take kindly to the idea of someone being in their head uninvited. They likely never will.
In any case, many times since with the opportunity to wake the person up and ask, and you would be surprised how many times it happens.
The same is true of thoughts I blurt out, where someone will often claim them. The same is true of any song stuck in my head.
It is more complicated with emotions, but there, my niece was hiding from a mall shooter, and all I got was this overwhelming feeling of paranoia. Only by sitting down and lowering myself into meditation did I come up with my niece as the source. I knew it wasn't likely mine because I am not a fearful or paranoid person. After determining she was in trouble with meditation, I texted her and found out she was hiding behind the Disney display at the mall and somebody was shooting up the place. She was fine, btw. Just frightened.
It has been pretty obvious throughout history that many new inventions happen at the same time, and appear close together with slight variations. It could be "shared" or coincidence, hard to track.
Speaking of hard to track, the random nature of these phenomena make it very difficult and we have to move the science to include witness testimony and corroboration, unless someone finds a way to monitor our self-generated items or items coming from external sources.
But, time has convinced me that I'm not crazy. Without the witness involved, i would consider myself crazy and I would have no way of proving one way or the other.
Very interesting! Thanks for sharing.

Picking up on one point in particular that caught my attention, and without intending to be contentious - I'm simply curious - how did you come to the conclusion that you were in his dream, rather than him being in yours, or you both being in a shared external(?) psychic dream reality?

(2022-08-31, 03:18 PM)Durward Wrote: [ -> ]The same is true of thoughts I blurt out, where someone will often claim them.

Interesting. I have the opposite experience: thinking thoughts that others then blurt out, sometimes right next to me, and sometimes in the distance. So, you're one of those guys who can pick up on the thoughts of guys like me!

Glad to hear that your niece was safe.

Durward

(2022-08-31, 04:44 PM)Laird Wrote: [ -> ]Very interesting! Thanks for sharing.

Picking up on one point in particular that caught my attention, and without intending to be contentious - I'm simply curious - how did you come to the conclusion that you were in his dream, rather than him being in yours, or you both being in a shared external(?) psychic dream reality?

Interesting. I have the opposite experience: thinking thoughts that others then blurt out, sometimes right next to me, and sometimes in the distance. So, you're one of those guys who can pick up on the thoughts of guys like me!

Glad to hear that your niece was safe.

That conclusion is difficult, and an assumption.

I assume there is no reason that all of the things you mentioned can't exist in one form or another, sending, receiving, in their dream, in my dream, or in a shared space, etc.

So not very critical in my own thinking. But I am trying to figure it out.

The idea from the movie "Inception" has crossed my mind. Am I doing this? Could be.

I came to the conclusion that I am in reception mode after looking at scans of OOBE's, AP, dreams, and telepathy. 
More often than not, I am the one with repeat experience in this, while the dream subject has little or no experience before this.

I also had the experience of training with the military police riot control. There we learned about "herd intoxication" in crowds, and what happens when you remove the instigator / leader/ source of that intoxication. 
They all scatter like sheep. 
So we have source and target in many things, send and receive. It doesn't mean handshaking or sharing doesn't exist.

Example: It is rare that the person being read by the telepath in the experiment can tell that anyone is trying to listen to thoughts or see what they are looking at. While it is rather obvious to the telepath. I call it listening, since that is how it feels to me. 

So very good critical thinking points, and you are correct that the process, or who sends and receives is an open question. 

Where this takes place is a big question. 

How I am aware and get all the details, creates more questions.

I have to say I underlined this possible conclusion that I am just a witness by looking at the dream content, where I am most often just watching, or a participant, and rarely in control or directing anything. During most of my other psi experiences, I am also receptive to data, but have had poor results trying to actually send or create anything.
Most of the dreams also have some meaning to the dreamer, or a known person to the dreamer. These are unknown to me. I can get more details when I question the person who was dreaming, etc.
Example: I didn't know he played tennis until after the dream. That scene was more likely his creation, dealing with his own tensions from losing a game. Who knows?
Being that much of what goes on outside of this time / space reality is not language related, but symbology or other forms of visual or sensual data, AND has a different rate of time, a huge issue arises when trying to determine if what I am seeing or experiencing really matches what the other person is experiencing.
So, the content is a big factor for me in determining where it originated.
I have pulled something like inception a few rare times, changing things, helping out, being active.
I have been told that I look pretty awesome and intimidating in sleep world. Nice ego boost, no mirrors, lol.

The part that should be rather disturbing to most people is, how do we ever know if our dreams, feelings, or thoughts are self-generated, your own, or if they belong to misinterpreted data from objects, or other people's thoughts, feelings, or dreams?
(2022-08-31, 03:18 PM)Durward Wrote: [ -> ]In 1980, I'm in Germany stationed in Fliegerhorst with the Army. The sleeping arrangements were crowded and I got a cot in a row of cots. So here comes the dream. I'm playing tennis (I don't play tennis, never have) with the guy in the next cot. We are both on the same side of the court, and the ball keeps coming back over the net at us like magic, no ball return. And we are losing. As usual in a dream, it is more of a witness mode, you don't really stop to think of how absurd the situation is. But this time I did, I started laughing at how stupid this was. My laughter woke me up, and I continued to laugh (trying to stifle it since it is a crowded space). I wasn't successful, and the guy in the cot next to me that was in the dream woke up and asked what was so funny. When I told him, he was shocked, since it was his dream. 
That's pretty amazing.
(2022-08-31, 06:57 PM)Durward Wrote: [ -> ]More often than not, I am the one with repeat experience in this, while the dream subject has little or no experience before this.
(2022-08-31, 06:57 PM)Durward Wrote: [ -> ]I have to say I underlined this possible conclusion that I am just a witness by looking at the dream content, where I am most often just watching, or a participant, and rarely in control or directing anything.
(2022-08-31, 06:57 PM)Durward Wrote: [ -> ]Most of the dreams also have some meaning to the dreamer, or a known person to the dreamer. These are unknown to me. I can get more details when I question the person who was dreaming, etc.
Example: I didn't know he played tennis until after the dream. That scene was more likely his creation, dealing with his own tensions from losing a game.

OK, thanks, I understand why you came to that conclusion now.

It's great to have a new member with intensely psychic/paranormal dream experiences. One of our existing members, , has also had some paranormal dream experiences - very, very intense ones, including what he calls "full transitions", in which he seems to enter into a parallel reality where he sometimes is stuck (often in some amazing action adventures!) for weeks - such as in my favourite full transition story of his, Loderunner.
(2022-08-31, 07:35 PM)Laird Wrote: [ -> ]OK, thanks, I understand why you came to that conclusion now.

It's great to have a new member with intensely psychic/paranormal dream experiences. One of our existing members, , has also had some paranormal dream experiences - very, very intense ones, including what he calls "full transitions", in which he seems to enter into a parallel reality where he sometimes is stuck (often in some amazing action adventures!) for weeks - such as in my favourite full transition story of his, Loderunner.
Hey, sorry I haven't been posting for quite awhile. Still around though, will need to get caught up on this.