Psience Quest

Full Version: Reiki
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone here tried it?

I've got an appointment that I'm hoping to keep for Thursday.

I developed back pains back in February-March, and it took a while before I could see a physiotherapist, which I've been seeing once a week since April. The pain was mostly in the upper back, neck and shoulders, but the source seemed to be the thorax area, which was stiff and not moving much. Most probably the result of my job in the pandemic conditions, using Zoom consistently all day for a much too long period.

I didn't participate much on this forum for a lot of that time because of those issues and trying to stay away from the computer when I wasn't working.

Anyway, the weird thing is the pain then got in my lower back, even as the upper slightly improved, and in the hip region as well. Some of my chairs need replacing and I've been in the process of doing that. I've been doing a whole lot of things in fact trying to address the issue(s).

Anyway this week and the next I'm off, and I'm trying to cram in more sessions with different types of interventions. So I'll try Reiki on Thursday and see what it does. I won't be able to "isolate the variable" because I'm doing other things as well, like massotherapy and physio, but if my lower back is not too stiff and allows me to drive to the place and get the session, I'll report back.

But I'm really curious to hear about anybody's experiences if they've tried it.
(2022-08-09, 07:01 PM)Ninshub Wrote: [ -> ]Has anyone here tried it?

I developed back pains back in February-March, and it took a while before I could see a physiotherapist, which I've been seeing once a week since April. The pain was mostly in the upper back, neck and shoulders, but the source seemed to be the thorax area, which was stiff and not moving much. Most probably the result of my job in the pandemic conditions, using Zoom consistently all day for a much too long period.

I didn't participate much on this forum for a lot of that time because of those issues and trying to stay away from the computer when I wasn't working.

Anyway, the weird thing is the pain then got in my lower back, even as the upper slightly improved, and in the hip region as well. Some of my chairs need replacing and I've been in the process of doing that. I've been doing a whole lot of things in fact trying to address the issue(s).

Anyway this week and the next I'm off, and I'm trying to cram in more sessions with different types of interventions. So I'll try Reiki on Thursday and see what it does. I won't be able to "isolate the variable" because I'm doing other things as well, like massotherapy and physio, but if my lower back is not too stiff and allows me to drive to the place and get the session, I'll report back.

I would definitely try acupuncture - which I have found extraordinarily effective at removing muscular/skeletal problems.

I wonder to what extent alternate therapy techniques overlap.
Thanks for the suggestion David. Someone has mentioned that to me also.
(2022-08-10, 01:45 PM)Ninshub Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the suggestion David. Someone has mentioned that to me also.

The guy who treated me explained that the vast majority of joint/back/skeletal/sciatica/hip pains aren't caused by wear and tear of the bones, but tight or misaligned muscles or tendons. Nerves can also get trapped between muscles - as in sciatica.

First he felt the relevant muscles and selected those that were too tight, and pricked them - which for some reason relaxes them a bit. He also gave me some stretching exercises to do that continue the same process. The first time I went, was with sciatica, and I felt a vague improvement immediately, but it only took 3 sessions to remove the problem completely.

My partner got a really bad knee arthritis, and was actually using a stick inside the house. I had to almost drag her to that clinic - she didn't believe it would do any good. Then after about 3 weeks and two or three treatments, she suddenly said that her knee felt completely pain free. She was able to resume riding a bike and walking in the hills!

On another occasion she went with pain in her toes. I was with her, and what struck me, was that he examined each toe before starting - a conventional doctor would have just written out a prescription for a pain killer!

The man was a former physicist, and we had some interesting discussions about the extent to which psi was involved. He claimed to be able to sense chi in his patients' bodies. He had also spent time with some martial arts guys whom he said could knock someone over without touching them - just the chi force!

I think he also did some Reiki as well.

David
That's interesting. I used once acupuncture for severe rhinitis, that no Western medication could help. It didn't succeed very well, but this person (an Asian) referred me to a Vietnamese herb doctor, and that did the trick very quickly. He also would just sense my pulse and could tell me how my "chi" was doing, and the herbs were prepared in function of that, and I've kept up the regime all these years. I rarely catch any colds or flus. He could immediately tell what my mood was, level of fatigue, etc, and very precisely, without asking me any questions.

One trick he also reminds me of: never drink cold liquids, always warm or tepid - that keeps your chi up.

Come to think of it: I'm supposed to order a new batch, and I'll tell him about my back problems and maybe he can bring adjustments!

Durward

(2022-08-09, 07:01 PM)Ninshub Wrote: [ -> ]Has anyone here tried it?

There are some interesting studies on Reiki and other healing practices.
I think the main thing I got from the studies are that there are a lot of fakes that are convinced they can do something after a weekend seminar, and charge money for that, when in reality they can't.
There are very definate measures of chirp waves and other "ripples in the pond" that show something is happening when people can. That should be the measure of true Reiki and part of being certified, but it isn't.
Instead they just allow woo woo charlatans to have certificates and claim they practice something that is just going on in their own mind, and not actually anything special.
So, take a compass with you, or a decent handheld EM sensor. If they can move the compass needle, or make any kind of EM change, they are likely doing something. If they complain or don't want to be tested, why pay them?
There is enough science now to confirm or deny these charlatans and get them out of the practice. The question should be, why aren't we using proper measure? Why are we allowing the woo woo crowd to control something this important to science?
Welcome Durward!

Always nice to have new members join in.