Psience Quest

Full Version: Articles about PSI and cosmology?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Been reading some stuff about space recently, is all very fun and interesting. Planets, stars, ways the universe will end. (Heat Death still looks pretty convincing but after forever who knows how that'll stick)

I was wondering if you guys have any articles or good threads from on here that I might be able to check out about how PSI stuff might come into it all? Obviously if stuff like PK is real who knows how it affects the universe at large. Then if materialism is wrong then fuck that could affect how the universe will end and stuff like that. I dunno where to start looking for any things about it though.
I'd suggest maybe going through the threads in this sub-forum.
Not sure I understand the request - how PK can turn back supposed Heat Death of the universe?

I don't think it's been addressed but maybe there's stuff about PK challenging the idea of Entropy?

edit: There is this idea of Syntropy, of a second arrow of time from future to past meeting the usual arrow in the present. They've cited precognition as one of the reasons supportive of the idea.

I think the physicist Ulrich Morhroff, a Psi proponent & Sri Aurobindo devotee, has talked about the Involution of Consciousness into this universe and how it wakes up through the evolution/progression of matter to life to sentience. At least I think that was the gist, been awhile since I looked at his stuff.
(2020-12-02, 04:56 PM)Sciborg_S_Patel Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure I understand the request - how PK can turn back supposed Heat Death of the universe?

I don't think it's been addressed but maybe there's stuff about PK challenging the idea of Entropy?

edit: There is this idea of Syntropy, of a second arrow of time from future to past meeting the usual arrow in the present. They've cited precognition as one of the reasons supportive of the idea.
Well that entropy stuff is a good example. If materialism is wrong and there is immaterial things in the universe, what would that mean for things like entropy?

Also just idle speculation stuff. What happens to reincarnation once all the stars go out ect. I'm looking through the threads for stuff to read but I was just wondering if you guys have any recommendations on what you found interesting?
(2020-12-02, 09:47 PM)Smaw Wrote: [ -> ]Also just idle speculation stuff. What happens to reincarnation once all the stars go out ect.

"The path to immortality is hard, and only a few find it. The rest await the Great Day when the wheels of the universe shall be stopped and the immortal sparks shall escape from the sheaths of substance. Woe unto those who wait, for they must return again, unconscious and unknowing, to the seed-ground of stars, and await a new beginning. Those who are saved by the light of the mystery which I have revealed unto you, O Hermes, and which I now bid you to establish among men, shall return again to the Father who dwelleth in the White Light, and shall deliver themselves up to the Light and shall be absorbed into the Light, and in the Light they shall become Powers in God. This is the Way of Good and is revealed only to them that have wisdom.”

― Thoth Hermes Trismegistus

Quote:I'm looking through the threads for stuff to read but I was just wondering if you guys have any recommendations on what you found interesting?

Well if there's truth to Survival accounts of a deep purpose to our existence, then I think it would be akin to what the Jesuit geologist Teilhard suggested -> Our universe is a cocoon and "heat death" is when we have to leave this universe behind. That's essentially a convergence toward the Hermetic ideas given above.

I do admit that I am not all that convinced by speculation of what is going to happen 10^100 years from now.
(2020-12-02, 04:56 PM)Sciborg_S_Patel Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure I understand the request - how PK can turn back supposed Heat Death of the universe?

from an old thread:
(2018-03-20, 11:20 AM)Typoz Wrote: [ -> ]On the topic of the heat death of the universe, Isaac Asimov wrote a short story titled The Last Question. I remember our physics teacher at school talking about this very story.
(2020-12-04, 09:19 PM)Typoz Wrote: [ -> ]from an old thread:

For a story written in 1956, this seems remarkably prophetic:

Quote:He stared somberly at his small AC-contact. It was only two inches cubed and nothing in itself, but it was connected through hyperspace with the great Galactic AC that served all mankind. Hyperspace considered, it was an integral part of the Galactic AC.
That sounds, with some poetic licence, like a good description of a mobile phone or tablet.

I wonder how much of Asimov's vision, as he let his mind roam, might also be accurate.
Quote:Man considered with himself, for in a way, Man, mentally, was one. He consisted of a trillion, trillion, trillion ageless bodies, each in its place, each resting quiet and incorruptible, each cared for by perfect automatons, equally incorruptible, while the minds of all the bodies freely melted one into the other, indistinguishable.

Quote:One by one Man fused with AC, each physical body losing its mental identity in a manner that was somehow not a loss but a gain.

Quote:Man's last mind fused and only AC existed -- and that in hyperspace.

I'm not sure I'd sympathise entirely with the sentiment here, but some of it I can relate to. Asimov is seeing each of us as something which could survive the death of the universe, one way or another.