Psience Quest

Full Version: UFO spotted in Rhode Island
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I often forget about the UFO sighting 3 friends a group of fishermen and I had back in 1998. My friends and I decided to go surf casting one July evening, so we headed out to our favorite spot in Watch Hill Rhode Island.  At about 10pm we casually observed the well lit mast of a large ship out at sea on the horizon in the darkness, however as time passed we observed that the ship had moved much closer and was no longer in the water! This large triangular object very slowly flew over us and a small boat just off shore over the coarse of 15 minutes. It was one of those " Am I seeing this?!! Well I'm seeing it now, very clearly, a huge craft is sitting in the sky above us!!!".  This silent, triangular craft was dark except for two side which were lit by many small lights, dimensions looked to be ~100 plus feet per side. My companions observed a solitary marking on the underside. If memory serves the sighting concluded with the craft moving slowly on it's merry way but visibly winking out of existence. I take comfort knowing at least 2 dozen other people observed the same thing.
(2020-03-25, 01:03 PM)patrobot Wrote: [ -> ]I often forget about the UFO sighting 3 friends a group of fishermen and I had back in 1998. My friends and I decided to go surf casting one July evening, so we headed out to our favorite spot in Watch Hill Rhode Island.  At about 10pm we casually observed the well lit mast of a large ship out at sea on the horizon in the darkness, however as time passed we observed that the ship had moved much closer and was no longer in the water! This large triangular object very slowly flew over us and a small boat just off shore over the coarse of 15 minutes. It was one of those " Am I seeing this?!! Well I'm seeing it now, very clearly, a huge craft is sitting in the sky above us!!!".  This silent, triangular craft was dark except for two side which were lit by many small lights, dimensions looked to be ~100 plus feet per side. My companions observed a solitary marking on the underside. If memory serves the sighting concluded with the craft moving slowly on it's merry way but visibly winking out of existence. I take comfort knowing at least 2 dozen other people observed the same thing.

Thank you for your interesting sighting, patrobot. That reminded me of my own UFO back when I was a teen. I hope you don't mind, when I add my story here Smile

In the summer of 1995 or 1996 I was out biking with a friend in the middle of the night. We had school holidays and so it was no problem to head out around 3 am in the morning. My friend and I made a stop in a small park in the middle of a German city's living quarters. We were standing on some kind of climbing tower for children made out of steel ropes talking to each other face to face. Suddenly my friend said "Look, there is an UFO", then turned his torso and pointed to something in the sky behind him. I looked up and saw a shape that was darker than night  moving through our sight. I remember that it was absolutely silent and had some red lights at the front. It was quite big and maybe a hundred meters above us. Difficult to say. I could see it for maybe 5 seconds before it vanished flying in a western direction with a steady pace.

We immediately took our bikes and raced home in total panic having no idea what we just saw. The most curious thing I remember, beside the craft itself, was, that my friend said his words before he could have seen the UFO as it was behind and over his head. The next morning we checked all the city news and even called the local observatory if they had registered anything unusual, but they hadn't.

Whatever it was, it was no human made vehicle. Too close to not hearing any sound and too fast to just vanish in mere seconds. And a meteor does not go in a straight line and has red lights Smile
Hi ilusion, cool sighting. I also circled back and checked to see if any of the other witnesses made any mention of our encounter but no luck.  The proportions and details of our craft were rather "handsome" which leads me to believe it may have been terrestrial however it should not have existed outside of a movie or comic book. I had tons of time to scrutinize this craft and I still consider the experience unexplained.
Thanks for sharing, guys. Patrobot, I imagine none of the witnesses reported the sighting?

I didn't find it included in this list of Rhode Island reports:
http://www.nuforc.org/webreports/ndxlRI.html