Psience Quest

Full Version: Paranormal Noises
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Concerning paranormal noises, there is one room in our house where for a few years I experienced distinct "raps" that definitely seemed to be in response to particular spoken or unspoken thoughts (usually opinions or statements of supposed fact).  I interpreted these noises as signals of agreement. The timing of the raps was uncanny - right after a particular statement or thought came the sound, not coming randomly at any time. I came up with two possible explanations assuming I was not hallucinating (the raps would often occur during conversations with my wife, and she also heard them). Both possible explanations were paranormal. One was that it was psychokinesis generated by my own subconscious mind. The other was that it was psychokinesis generated by a spirit entity. I decided that one likely mechanism was the generation of raps by psychokinetically applying a small amount of force in the required direction to carefully selected points of bound strain between wood beams in the ceiling and in the walls. The two beams or boards would then snap together or apart by a fraction of an inch, the stress release generating the rap. A spirit entity would presumably be able to manipulate only a very limited amount of physical energy. With this mechanism an entity could still generate audible raps. I was seeing a very talented spiritual healer and channeler at the time, and asked her guides if my theory was correct as to the mechanism of action. For what it's worth, she was told that I was correct.
Pages: 1 2