Psience Quest

Full Version: Transubstantiation and hylemorphism
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Transubstantiation and hylemorphism

Feser

Quote:The other day I was asked a very interesting question: Can transubstantiation be formulated in terms of a mechanistic conception of physical substance rather than a hylemorphic one?  My answer was that I would not peremptorily say that it cannot be, but that the suggestion certainly raises serious philosophical and theological problems.

Here’s why...
“The other day I was asked a very interesting question: Can transubstantiation be formulated in terms of a mechanistic conception of physical substance rather than a hylemorphic one?  My answer was that I would not peremptorily say that it cannot be, but that the suggestion certainly raises serious philosophical and theological problems.“

Christ almighty...  Wink
(2019-10-17, 05:18 PM)Obiwan Wrote: [ -> ]“The other day I was asked a very interesting question: Can transubstantiation be formulated in terms of a mechanistic conception of physical substance rather than a hylemorphic one?  My answer was that I would not peremptorily say that it cannot be, but that the suggestion certainly raises serious philosophical and theological problems.“

Christ almighty...  Wink
Could make a good chat-up line.
(2019-10-19, 07:32 PM)Typoz Wrote: [ -> ]Could make a good chat-up line.
Lol quite!