Psience Quest

Full Version: Alerts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am only getting these when someone likes a comment... Is there some way to activate the feature so that it also works when someone responds to a thread in which I'm active? I know that Skeptiko automatically 'followed' a thread as soon as one posted, but that does not appear to be the case here.
This confuses me too, E. Flowers. When I installed the plugin, I assumed it would do as you suggest: alert us to thread responses, but, as you say, it seems to alert only of likes. You can at least elect to receive email alerts when you post to a thread, and you can set this to be default in your user control panel - that's how I've been handling alerts. Perhaps Typoz can intervene here, as he seems to have become quite the MyBB guru.
Yeah... I have been using the "New Posts" tab and it will work for now, but when the forum becomes busier it's going to be impractical.
Just a possibility, which won't solve the problem, but maybe you'd prefer it anyway: perhaps try the "View unread posts" link - this will hide posts/threads that you've already viewed, which the "View new posts" link won't.
I will try it, until a better solution comes around.
(2017-08-19, 06:19 AM)Laird Wrote: [ -> ]This confuses me too, E. Flowers. When I installed the plugin, I assumed it would do as you suggest: alert us to thread responses, but, as you say, it seems to alert only of likes. You can at least elect to receive email alerts when you post to a thread, and you can set this to be default in your user control panel - that's how I've been handling alerts. Perhaps Typoz can intervene here, as he seems to have become quite the MyBB guru.
Laird, what plugin did you install exactly?

Here's a thread by a MyBB staff member where someone offers a plugin that is supposed to do the following:
Quote:The currently supported events are:
  • When you're quoted in a post
  • When somebody replies to a thread you started
  • When somebody adds you to their buddy list
  • When somebody PMs you
  • When somebody replies to a thread you are subscribed to
https://community.mybb.com/thread-171301.html
(2017-08-19, 08:34 PM)Ninshub Wrote: [ -> ]Laird, what plugin did you install exactly?

Here's a thread by a MyBB staff member where someone offers a plugin that is supposed to do the following:
https://community.mybb.com/thread-171301.html

I installed that one, yes, although I downloaded the latest in-development version from GitHub, because that was the only way I could get the integration with the Likes plugin to work (I also had to download the current Likes plugin from GitHub). Perhaps the GitHub version is buggy.
At the moment, I only get alerts for Likes, none for replies. Nor do I have the option in the User CP to add replies (or anything else other than toggle Likes).