Psience Quest

Full Version: An Interesting Visit.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2018-01-26, 06:46 PM)tim Wrote: [ -> ]Who is right ? And do you really want to get into that ?

He’s probably just stirring things up. 

Why shouldn’t we ‘get into that’?
(2018-01-26, 06:58 PM)Stan Woolley Wrote: [ -> ]He’s probably just stirring things up. 

Edited:

I actually asked "Do you (Malf)  really want to get into that "
(2018-01-26, 06:58 PM)Stan Woolley Wrote: [ -> ]He’s probably just stirring things up. 

I just wondered if someone you consider ‘The Most Enlightened’ has come to a position diametrically opposed to yours, whether that gives you pause.
(2018-01-26, 07:41 PM)malf Wrote: [ -> ]I just wondered if someone you consider ‘The Most Enlightened’ has come to a position diametrically opposed to yours, whether that gives you pause.

Would you like it to give him pause (for thought) ? If so, why ?
(2018-01-26, 07:55 PM)tim Wrote: [ -> ]Would you like that to happen ? If so, why ?

I wouldn’t ‘like’ anything to happen. My question is a general one about the views of enlightened acquaintances, not specifically about Israel.

You seem a bit jumpy Tim, everything ok?  LOL
(2018-01-26, 07:41 PM)malf Wrote: [ -> ]I just wondered if someone you consider ‘The Most Enlightened’ has come to a position diametrically opposed to yours, whether that gives you pause.

The whole point of my post was that it appears that this sort of thing doesn’t really matter in a way. Sort of like how I felt about AP over at Skeptiko, I found the amazing psychic abilities he had while really admiring George W Bush a real dilemma.  LOL
(2018-01-26, 08:01 PM)malf Wrote: [ -> ]I wouldn’t ‘like’ anything to happen. My question is a general one about the views of enlightened acquaintances, not specifically about Israel.

You seem a bit jumpy Tim, everything ok?  LOL

Malf said > My question is a general one about the views of enlightened acquaintances, not specifically about Israel.

malf Wrote: [url=http://psiencequest.net/forums/thread-an-interesting-visit?pid=13906#pid13906][/url]You weren’t thinking that you might be wrong over Israel?

You know, Malf I could have sworn it was specifically about Israel. Oh well, I must have got that wrong then......[Image: confused.png]

Malf said > You seem a bit jumpy Tim, everything ok?

Jumpy ? in what way Malf ?
(2018-01-26, 08:01 PM)Stan Woolley Wrote: [ -> ]The whole point of my post was that it appears that this sort of thing doesn’t really matter in a way. Sort of like how I felt about AP over at Skeptiko, I found the amazing psychic abilities he had while really admiring George W Bush a real dilemma.  LOL

Why make it a worry though, Stan ?
(2018-01-26, 08:16 PM)tim Wrote: [ -> ]Why make it a worry though, Stan ?

I guess it’s the same way you seem to worry about Linda. Horses for courses.
(2018-01-26, 01:32 PM)Stan Woolley Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Tim  LOL

Thinking about what makes people ‘spiritual’. What’s really important in life. What makes my friend unusual? Is it just because I see him as being very different to ‘normal’ friends that I think of him differently? And so on.

That sort of thing. Wink

Today I was thinking about spirituality. Some of the people I consider most interesting are a possibly diametrically opposed mix of the spiritual and the physical, to the extent that they may be considered flawed, or fraud or mad or bad. It seems to me that we shouldn't get too hung up over the idea of spirituality, it's so hard to even pin down that it may not even be noticed when it manifests.
Pages: 1 2 3