Psience Quest

Full Version: Article ~ Why the Miller–Urey Research Argues Against Abiogenesis
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
(2018-01-22, 08:51 AM)Chris Wrote: [ -> ]Good. Her antics help to teach us patience, if nothing else.

Best of luck with patience. By the time Linda's finished with you, you'll be lucky if you aren't 'blowing raspberries' in a straightjacket. It makes for 'interesting'
reading though.

Chris

(2018-01-22, 04:00 PM)tim Wrote: [ -> ]Best of luck with patience. By the time Linda's finished with you, you'll be lucky if you aren't 'blowing raspberries' in a straightjacket.

Curiously, the more she tries to provoke me, the easier I find it to resist.  Angel
(2018-01-22, 04:02 PM)Chris Wrote: [ -> ]Curiously, the more she tries to provoke me, the easier I find it to resist.  Angel

FYI, I'm not trying to provoke you, nor have I tried in the past (although I realize that I have done so inadvertently), so I'm not sure what you're 'resisting'. But best of luck with that (sincerely meant).

Linda
(2018-01-19, 05:36 PM)Chris Wrote: [ -> ]You'd rate RationalWiki >= 8 ?

I view myself as somewhere in the middle of the proponent/sceptic spectrum, but I consider RationalWiki to be a joke.

I think that was  problem with the font, or a just a typo. I guess it was intended to read
Quote:>= ∞
As more of a lurking, interested party type of community member; I am embarrassed by this thread.

There are a lot of smart people in this community both of the "proponent" and "sceptic" varieties.  Is it really so difficult to let the minutia go and actually focus on the topics at hand with some degree of mutual respect?

Chris

(2018-01-26, 04:27 PM)Silence Wrote: [ -> ]As more of a lurking, interested party type of community member; I am embarrassed by this thread.

There are a lot of smart people in this community both of the "proponent" and "sceptic" varieties.  Is it really so difficult to let the minutia go and actually focus on the topics at hand with some degree of mutual respect?

Surely if you've looked at this thread you can see where the difficulty lies?
There does seem to be a lot of folk dealing with their own reactions to posts, rather than the content of the posts.

Chris

(2018-01-26, 06:37 PM)malf Wrote: [ -> ]There does seem to be a lot of folk dealing with their own reactions to posts, rather than the content of the posts.

If that's your diagnosis of where the difficulty lay in this thread, I can only say I find it an extremely strange one.
(2018-01-26, 06:58 PM)Chris Wrote: [ -> ]If that's your diagnosis of where the difficulty lay in this thread, I can only say I find it an extremely strange one.

It would be the stoic response.

Chris

Well, anyway, none of this has much to do with abiogenesis, does it? 

Perhaps there should be a dedicated thread about  "strategies for focussing on the topic at hand" - to reduce the amount of off-topic material elsewhere.  Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11