Psience Quest

Full Version: A Synchronicity
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This morning I called my dentist's office to verify the date and time of my next appointment. I usually ask them to write it down on a card when I schedule the appointment at their office, but somehow I lost the card for this appointment. The appointment is for having my teeth cleaned and is a few months away and I have been occasionally looking for that card now for a couple of months. I figured it would turn up because I knew I had brought it home and I remember seeing it in the house so it must be here somewhere. I thought it was likely to turn up eventually -  that happens occasionally, I misplace something in the house and it turns up eventually. I thought it especially likely that it would turn up now that I had called the dentist's office to verify the date and time - because I have a lot of weird synchronicities.

Guess what. ... This afternoon I knelt down on the floor to to adjust a table and just before I stood up I saw the card on the floor. 

I don't understand how I could not have seen it there before. I don't even remember noticing anything there when I first knelt down. I'm not able to say with 100% certainty that it just appeared, but it seems like it did. I looked on the floor under two desks where I might have reasonably put it and it could have fallen from, but there is no explanation why it would be at that spot. 

It's not really surprising that I found the missing card, but it is odd that it happened a few hours after I called the dentist to find out the time and date of the appointment and it is odd that I didn't see it when it should have been in plain sight. 

I don't know if there is anything paranormal about finding the card shortly after calling the dentist's office, or about it's seeming to appear where it should have been in plain sight, but these kinds of things remind me that there are subtle levels to reality.
Yes, that sounds like things that happen to me - looking for something and eventually after days it turns up somewhere in plain sight.

The timing - yes it seems to be connected in your example.

But what does any of it mean?
(2023-07-25, 07:12 PM)Typoz Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, that sounds like things that happen to me - looking for something and eventually after days it turns up somewhere in plain sight.

It could be a way to remind us that there are other aspects to reality that can influence us and maybe influence the events and objects around us.
(2023-07-25, 07:12 PM)Typoz Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, that sounds like things that happen to me - looking for something and eventually after days it turns up somewhere in plain sight.

Unconscious psi seems possible too. In that case the meaning would depend on the individual and the specific situation.

I've had synchronicities where there did seem to be a meaning to the coincidence. For example when I was considering early retirement I found sums of money (paper bills not coins) several times - as if I was being told I would have the money I needed. It was unusual to find money like that and a cluster of several events in different places outside my home (on the street, in a store, etc) seemed very unlikely.
(2023-07-25, 09:38 PM)Jim_Smith Wrote: [ -> ]Unconscious psi seems possible too. In that case the meaning would depend on the individual and the specific situation.

I've had synchronicities where there did seem to be a meaning to the coincidence. For example when I was considering early retirement I found sums of money (paper bills not coins) several times - as if I was being told I would have the money I needed. It was unusual to find money like that and a cluster of several events in different places outside my home (on the street, in a store, etc) seemed very unlikely.

I agree about there being some individual significance for the person having that experience, a lot of things do seem related to our thoughts.

Occasionally I have to laugh at how life seems to respond to some of my thoughts, not just events with objects but with people too. Occasionally it seems like strangers or people encountered during everyday transactions are seemingly accidentally playing a role in a piece of theatre. People in the course of events say an ordinary word or phrase which is routine and of no importance to them, but somehow it fits into a pattern, an unexpected little scene in a play.