Psience Quest

Full Version: Dead to outnumber living on Facebook
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Chris

Courtesy of the Daily Grail - I was amused to see that some Oxford academics had projected that the dead could outnumber the living on Facebook by 2070:
https://phys.org/news/2019-04-dead-outnu...years.html

Does anyone really think Facebook will still exist in the year 2070, other than perhaps as a historical archive?
(2019-04-28, 07:54 AM)Chris Wrote: [ -> ]Courtesy of the Daily Grail - I was amused to see that some Oxford academics had projected that the dead could outnumber the living on Facebook by 2070:
https://phys.org/news/2019-04-dead-outnu...years.html

Does anyone really think Facebook will still exist in the year 2070, other than perhaps as a historical archive?

Isn't this a question for a clairvoyant?

Chris

(2019-04-28, 12:43 PM)Steve001 Wrote: [ -> ]Isn't this a question for a clairvoyant?

Call me a pedant, but I think it would be a question for a clairvoyant only if we wanted to know whether Facebook existed at present, and nobody knew whether it existed. Skeptic
(2019-04-28, 01:06 PM)Chris Wrote: [ -> ]Call me a pedant, but I think it would be a question for a clairvoyant only if we wanted to know whether Facebook existed at present, and nobody knew whether it existed. Skeptic

In fairness, people sometimes seem to market themselves as clairvoyants and fortune tellers ?
(2019-04-28, 01:06 PM)Chris Wrote: [ -> ]Call me a pedant, but I think it would be a question for a clairvoyant only if we wanted to know whether Facebook existed at present, and nobody knew whether it existed. Skeptic

They see the future.

Chris

(2019-04-29, 12:49 AM)Steve001 Wrote: [ -> ]They see the future.

Wow. Have you experienced some kind of Damascene conversion? Surprise
(2019-04-29, 07:16 AM)Chris Wrote: [ -> ]Wow. Have you experienced some kind of Damascene conversion? Surprise

Indeed I have seen light. Wink
The longer I spend on Facebook the more I think it’d be difficult to tell the difference. Rolleyes
(2019-04-29, 12:49 AM)Steve001 Wrote: [ -> ]They see the future.

I don't think you're allowed definitions in common use.

Linda