Psience Quest

Full Version: Avozillas
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Giant head-sized avocados are on sale in Australia

Quote:A new giant-sized variety of the avocado is being sold in Australia - and it is big enough to make 20 avocado toasts.

The massive avocados, dubbed Avozillas, weigh an average of 1.2kg - and they are selling fast despite the £9 price tag.

Avozillas, originally from South Africa, aren’t a new phenomenon - however, this is the first time farmers have brought the gigantic fruit to Australia.

Malf, are you gonna get and grow these?

NinshubGiant head-sized avocados are on sale in Australia

Malf, are you gonna get and grow these?

Heh, yes I’ve seen these. Incredible!
I mean, a regular avocado, alongside a handful of cherry tomatoes and the white of a hard boiled egg (no yellow because of cholesterol), and an apple, is the lunch I eat 4 days out of every week. What's gonna be the use of these really huge ones?
(2018-07-15, 09:43 PM)Ninshub Wrote: [ -> ]I mean, a regular avocado, alongside a handful of cherry tomatoes and the white of a hard boiled egg (no yellow because of cholesterol), and an apple, is the lunch I eat 4 days out of every week. What's gonna be the use of these really huge ones?

Sushi bars?