Search Results
    Thread: Anesthesia induced burst suppression in humans - V1 is excluded
Post: Anesthesia induced burst suppression in humans - V...

We've discussed anesthesia-induced burst suppression many times to do with NDE/OBE's, probably most notably with regards to Pam Reynolds NDE. But more generally with regards to general anesthesia in p...
Posted by Max_B in Skeptic vs. Proponent Discussions , 2023-09-25, 08:49 PM
 315     6
    Thread: Training Updates

Siddhis would be enlightenment enough for me! ;) (At this point.)
Posted by Ninshub in Members' Experiments , 2023-07-27, 11:42 PM
 981     31

Mediochre, I hope it's OK sharing this here and I really don't want to disrupt your thread with something that happened to me that seems so minuscule by comparison with what you experience and work to...
Posted by Ninshub in Members' Experiments , 2023-06-22, 12:26 AM
 981     31
    Thread: Old Souls by Tom Shroder

Started reading this, figured I'd make a thread for the cases and my other thoughts. The initial part of the book actually mentions Super Psi, which Shroder found amusing as an attempt to get aroun...
Posted by Sciborg_S_Patel in Reincarnation , 2023-06-14, 02:05 AM
 451     13

First I must say that I admire Mediochre for persisting with research that would certainly creep me out, I don't know about other people! Since you told them to stop messing with your eye, and they...
Posted by David001 in Members' Experiments , 2023-05-24, 10:42 PM
 981     31
    Thread: The Chilling

Ninshub Wrote: (2023-05-13, 02:35 AM) -- OK, I seem now to remember vaguely what you're mentioning about everyone plans out their lives, although I'd have to listen to it again. "babaji" must be Papa...
Posted by Ninshub in Apparitions, Hauntings and Poltergeists , 2023-05-18, 02:43 AM
 471     15
    Thread: The Chilling

Mediochre Wrote: (2023-05-11, 02:04 AM) -- It's the whole podcast, 13 episodes plus an epilogue. the podcast is the story of her and her roomates, and others, living in that house and what happened. ...
Posted by Ninshub in Apparitions, Hauntings and Poltergeists , 2023-05-11, 02:19 AM
 471     15
    Thread: A scary chat with ChatGPT about latest NDE account in NDE thread
Post: RE: A scary chat with ChatGPT about latest NDE acc...

Mediochre Wrote: (2023-03-13, 05:39 PM) -- I'll do my best, thank you. -- Don't forget, Mediochre, if you want a totally uncensored discussion, all you have to do is email me! I do see the sense...
Posted by David001 in Skeptic vs. Proponent Discussions , 2023-03-13, 09:02 PM
 3,233     105
  Rainbow Thread: There IS another realm!

Fresh from waking up from this place! There is a wonderful, magical and loving place that I have experienced just before falling asleep! It came after a long day of flight delays and misfortune....
 522     10
    Thread: Higher dimensionality

I was reviewing some of the books that I have on my Kindle, and I think this old Skeptiko show is worth thinking about: https://www.skeptiko-forum.com/threads/dr-chris-white-optimistic-about-scienc...
Posted by David001 in General Consciousness Science , 2022-10-24, 10:46 PM
 270     5
    Thread: Theodicies

A while back, in the thread Is Google's LaMDA AI sentient? There seems to be strong evidence to that effect (https://psiencequest.net/forums/thread-is-google-s-lamda-ai-sentient-there-seems-to-be-str...
Posted by Laird in Philosophical Discussions , 2022-10-20, 06:02 PM
 2,130     48
    Thread: Universities Conducting PSI research in 2022

Hi gang, first post.  I am a TV producer working on a film about the nature of consciousness. One important aspect is the ongoing and historical research using empirical method to explore the vario...
 565     8
    Thread: Remote viewing the Lebanon Hostages

My first blog post in over two years. Good grief, that went by fast. http://ersby.blogspot.com/2022/05/remote-viewing-hostage-ltc-william.html
Posted by ersby in Skeptic vs. Proponent Discussions , 2022-05-02, 01:43 PM
 444     4
    Thread: These meteorites contain all of the building blocks of DNA
Post: These meteorites contain all of the building block...

These meteorites contain all of the building blocks of DNA (https://www.livescience.com/more-DNA-building-blocks-found-in-meteorites) Nicoletta Lanese Quote: -- Three meteorites contain the mol...
 707     17
    Thread: Dream of Gemstone

I don't often write down my dreams, this one I wrote down in the evening, many hours after the dream itself. Quote: -- 20:20 03/03/2022 Dream Last Night I'm not sure how it began. I had in m...
Posted by Typoz in Dreams , 2022-03-28, 09:21 PM
 543     5
    Thread: Intelligent Energy with RJ Spina

I'm always glad to see people who are genuinely attempting feats of psychic energy. It's hard not to roll one's eyes at times at the people who talk about changing their internal mental states or a...
Posted by Sciborg_S_Patel in Other Phenomena , 2021-12-17, 06:35 PM
 559     13
    Thread: Super-Psi & some notes from Braude's Immortal Remains
Post: RE: Super-Psi & some notes from Braude's Immortal ...

Sciborg_S_Patel Wrote: (2021-11-28, 03:51 PM) -- Braude's Bigelow essay (https://www.bigelowinstitute.org/Winning_Essays/Stephen_Braude.pdf) lays out his case for Super Psi and where he thinks it fal...
 10,461     124
    Thread: An Experiment For Consciousness?

An Experiment For Consciousness? Scientists And Philosophers Across Three Countries Debate It (https://www.forbes.com/sites/andreamorris/2021/11/04/an-experiment-for-consciousness-scientists-and-philo...
Posted by Sciborg_S_Patel in General Consciousness Science , 2021-11-14, 10:00 PM
 817     15
    Thread: A new dream sense

Nothing particularly psi about this but somewhat anomalous anyway.  The dream I had last night was unusual for two reasons: 1. I usually wake up if I'm about to eat something nice  2.  The only senses...
Posted by Brian in Dreams , 2021-11-14, 01:40 PM
 310     0
    Thread: How could I lose materialism?

Typoz Wrote: (2021-10-24, 12:02 PM) -- The only things we can observe and detect are our own thoughts and feelings. Everything else, from a table to the moon, is deduced second-hand. Even our own bod...
Posted by Paul C. Anagnostopoulos in Skeptic vs. Proponent Discussions , 2021-10-31, 10:37 PM
 675     8