Search Results
    Thread: Psience Quest Interview No. 8: Michael Nahm

A big thank you to Dr. Nahm for consenting to this interview. 1. Your website describes your background in zoology and paleontology, and your current work is described as biology. What led you to t...
Posted by Will in Psience Quest Interviews , 2024-01-24, 11:22 PM
 203     5
    Thread: I'm at the 46th conference for the Society of Psychical Research
Post: RE: I'm at the 46th conference for the Society of ...

ersby Wrote: (2023-11-12, 08:56 AM) -- Oh, and I've met a few people who've read my book, which is very good for the ego. -- Kudos :Thumbs Up:
 884     28
    Thread: Interesting experience.

I've been working with a friend over the last 4 years, to help him produce and publish his musical compositions. We're just beginning to release audio singles that he wrote and produced during 2020/21...
Posted by Max_B in Skeptic vs. Proponent Discussions , 2023-07-07, 10:17 PM
 410     8
    Thread: My new book about psi ganzfeld research

ersby Wrote: (2023-06-25, 12:57 AM) -- Oh yeah, there's a lot of stuff online. My book is fully referenced if you want to get into it more  :) -- You have a persuasive sales pitch :LOL:   It isn't ...
 538     11
    Thread: My new book about psi ganzfeld research

Thanks. Ganzfeld is a fascinating topic. I shall take a look with great interest. ... it's now downloaded to my Kindle reader. :)
 538     11
    Thread: Epic AI Fails — A List of Failed Machine Learning Projects
Post: Epic AI Fails — A List of Failed Machine Learning ...

Epic AI Fails — A List of Failed Machine Learning Projects (https://analyticsindiamag.com/epic-ai-fails-a-list-of-failed-machine-learning-projects/) Mohit Pandey Quote: -- Data shows that nearl...
Posted by Sciborg_S_Patel in Skeptic vs. Proponent Discussions , 2023-04-11, 10:53 PM
 549     12
    Thread: A scary chat with ChatGPT about latest NDE account in NDE thread
Post: RE: A scary chat with ChatGPT about latest NDE acc...

ersby Wrote: (2023-04-06, 05:05 PM) -- I've been tinkering with GPT too, asking it questions about something I knew a lot about (Beatles bootlegs) and it did well. -- OT: did you by any chance hear...
Posted by Ninshub in Skeptic vs. Proponent Discussions , 2023-04-06, 05:37 PM
 3,237     105
    Thread: A scary chat with ChatGPT about latest NDE account in NDE thread
Post: RE: A scary chat with ChatGPT about latest NDE acc...

Mod here. Posts containing more explicit socio-political content have been moved to the opt-in forums, as they've garnered continued reaction. Please be mindful of the forum rules (https://psien...
Posted by Ninshub in Skeptic vs. Proponent Discussions , 2023-03-19, 02:12 PM
 3,237     105
    Thread: When deceased relatives or pets show up in your dreams
Post: RE: When deceased relatives or pets show up in you...

ersby Wrote: (2023-02-12, 08:03 AM) -- It just seemed a bit bland - as if the catering was the most impressive part of the afterlife. Although it's the kind of thing she'd say, I'm pretty sure it...
Posted by Ninshub in Personal Experiences , 2023-02-12, 03:41 PM
 1,176     36
    Thread: My Apparitional experience and phase...

In 2007 I saw what appeared to be apparition, and wrote about it on my blog (https://thinkingdeeper.wordpress.com/2011/09/28/apparitions-ghosts/) a few years later. One of the things that I recalled a...
Posted by Max_B in Skeptic vs. Proponent Discussions , 2023-01-08, 11:43 PM
 231     4
    Thread: Personal experience of a policeman…

This is one of the most intriguing personal paranormal experiences I have ever come across… every so often I go back and reread it just to reassure myself that I’m not miss remembering it…     “Abou...
Posted by Max_B in Personal Experiences , 2022-09-25, 10:57 AM
 290     3
    Thread: I'm writing a book about ganzfeld psi work

I hope you will be as unbiased as possible and cover both pros and cons.  I get tired of people's unwavering certainty on both sides of the fence on these subjects.
 603     10
    Thread: Psi Multimedia Resources Thread

I've mentioned in another thread the valuable contribution of the University of Northampton (https://psiencequest.net/forums/thread-universities-conducting-psi-research-in-2022?pid=48344#pid48344) in ...
 49,600     143
    Thread: Is Google's LaMDA AI sentient? There seems to be strong evidence to that effect
Post: RE: Is Google's LaMDA AI sentient? There seems to ...

I had a look at some of the text. It reads like gibberish to me. There is no suggestion that the machine understands the meaning of the text it generates - it simply manipulates text. This for exam...
Posted by Typoz in General Consciousness Science , 2022-06-13, 02:01 PM
 4,848     115
    Thread: Remote viewing the Lebanon Hostages

Did you design the site yourself?  It looks fantastic!
Posted by Brian in Skeptic vs. Proponent Discussions , 2022-05-02, 04:15 PM
 444     4
    Thread: New Thinking Allowed with Jeffrey Mishlove

Regarding subtitles, (sorry I'm a bit late with this reply) I have been using 4K Video Downloader (https://www.4kdownload.com/products/product-videodownloader) for a number of years. It can download ...
 11,511     88
    Thread: Index of papers in psi journals

I have started work on an online index of published papers in psi journals. The prototype is available here: https://www.psidata.org/search.php Obviously it is still at a fairly early stage, and I ho...
 1,090     9
    Thread: American Society for Psychical Research

I look after the SPR's Facebook and Twitter accounts, and posted the link to the article.  The ASPR has certainly continues to exist, and I'm told that occasionally individuals have managed to use the...
 3,028     22
    Thread: Are you interested in the scientific investigation of psi?
Post: RE: Are you interested in the scientific investiga...

Chris Wrote: (2019-05-29, 10:56 AM) -- Thanks for the responses. I wanted to ask the question because I'm never sure how much interest there is here in the scientific side of things, and indeed th...
 2,634     27
    Thread: Debunk my experience

Brian Wrote: (2019-04-15, 10:56 AM) -- I want you to reveal your true colours in this thread. -- You've already beaten everyone else to the punch!
Posted by berkelon in Skeptic vs. Proponent Discussions , 2019-04-15, 05:05 PM
 8,076     77