Search Results
    Thread: I'm at the 46th conference for the Society of Psychical Research
Post: RE: I'm at the 46th conference for the Society of ...

An Update on Prolonged NDEs: "Being Alive When You are Cold and Dead" Annekatrin Puhle and Adrian Parker A major impasse in current research on Near-Death Experiences (NDEs), which are currently b...
 862     28

I'll try and post the abstract later, if I can find it.
 862     28

tim Wrote: (2023-11-13, 04:10 PM) -- Hi, ersby, do you have any more specifics on this potential new study? Is it not synonymous with Sam Parnia's cool study, where they intend (I believe) to put tar...
 862     28

Kamarling Wrote: (2023-11-12, 08:55 PM) -- I looked at the SPR website and have not been able to find out if the proceedings are being recorded and made available online.  -- Everything was broadca...
 862     28

Oh, and I've met a few people who've read my book, which is very good for the ego.
 862     28

Max_B Wrote: (2023-11-11, 07:20 PM) -- I went to the 2013 SPR annual conference (at Swansea or Cardiff - I don't remember which), and also enjoyed it. I found many of the regulars tended to sit toget...
 862     28

He didn't talk about that. This is all brand new, and it's only just got ethical clearance to proceed. In fact, a couple of questions after his presentation seemed to give him ideas about what he shou...
 862     28
Post: I'm at the 46th conference for the Society of Psyc...

My first experience of an SPR conference and it's nice. Very chill. People are friendly. So far I've got lucky and had meals sitting next to Adrian Parker and Ed May. And I've already met several othe...
 862     28
    Thread: My new book about psi ganzfeld research

okay, I had to reupload the kindle version with a contents page. Not sure what happened there. The new version will be online in a day or two. I can see options to rate and review (even though I'm ...
 521     11

Michel H Wrote: (2023-06-26, 04:15 AM) -- I bought a copy of your book, ersby, and I read it a little bit. Some observations: - It's nice that you talked with and interviewed so many people activ...
 521     11

Oh yeah, there's a lot of stuff online. My book is fully referenced if you want to get into it more  :)
 521     11

It's 50 years since the first paper using the ganzfeld technique to research psi and so I've written a book on the topic. I mentioned it in September last year and now it's finally done, I thought I s...
 521     11
    Thread: A scary chat with ChatGPT about latest NDE account in NDE thread
Post: RE: A scary chat with ChatGPT about latest NDE acc...

Ninshub Wrote: (2023-04-06, 05:37 PM) -- OT: did you by any chance hear about this newly emerged recording of the Beatles by a school pupil in April 1963? Great discovery! https://www.youtube.com/wa...
Posted by ersby in Skeptic vs. Proponent Discussions , 2023-04-07, 11:05 AM
 3,138     105
    Thread: A scary chat with ChatGPT about latest NDE account in NDE thread
Post: RE: A scary chat with ChatGPT about latest NDE acc...

I've been tinkering with GPT too, asking it questions about something I knew a lot about (Beatles bootlegs) and it did well. Encouraged, I asked it about a topic I've only recently become curious abou...
Posted by ersby in Skeptic vs. Proponent Discussions , 2023-04-06, 05:05 PM
 3,138     105
    Thread: When deceased relatives or pets show up in your dreams
Post: RE: When deceased relatives or pets show up in you...

Max_B Wrote: (2023-02-13, 01:08 PM) -- Can I ask whether your mother was in any hotel, hospital or residential care, etc., in the period directly prior to, or at the time of her death? -- yes, she was
Posted by ersby in Personal Experiences , 2023-02-14, 10:46 AM
 1,173     36

Kamarling Wrote: (2023-02-12, 10:05 PM) -- I think we may be too quick to assign the kind of objective judgement on these things that we would for the more mundane events in our lives. -- Well, like ...
Posted by ersby in Personal Experiences , 2023-02-13, 08:16 AM
 1,173     36

Ninshub Wrote: (2023-02-11, 09:35 PM) -- Is there a particular reason that makes you conclude that it certainly wasn't a spirit communication? -- It just seemed a bit bland - as if the catering was...
Posted by ersby in Personal Experiences , 2023-02-12, 08:03 AM
 1,173     36

A few days after my mother died I dreamt I met her again. I asked her what heaven was like and she said "oh, it's lovely. There's a bowl of fruit in every room." Almost certainly not a spirit commu...
Posted by ersby in Personal Experiences , 2023-02-11, 07:41 PM
 1,173     36
    Thread: Psi Multimedia Resources Thread

Typoz Wrote: (2022-09-08, 08:25 AM) -- I've mentioned in another thread the valuable contribution of the University of Northampton (https://psiencequest.net/forums/thread-universities-conducting-psi-...
 49,427     143
    Thread: I'm writing a book about ganzfeld psi work

Will Wrote: (2023-01-08, 05:31 PM) -- I'd imagine you'd want to share details for the book, but did you end up participating in the experiments? -- I did. I'm pretty sure it wasn't a hit and I can'...
 594     10