Search Results
    Thread: Recalled Experiences Surrounding Death: More Than Hallucinations?
Post: RE: Recalled Experiences Surrounding Death: More T...

it looks like the full article "Guidelines and standards for the study of death and recalled experiences of death-a multidisciplinary consensus statement and proposed future directions" has been poste...
Posted by North in Near-Death Experiences (NDEs) , 2022-04-12, 02:39 PM
 553     5
    Thread: Placebo

"over the past couple of decades, scientists too have become increasingly interested in the potential of ‘mind over muscle’" Here is a curious article in the online magazine Psyche. https://psyche.c...
Posted by North in Skeptic vs. Proponent Discussions , 2022-04-08, 01:40 PM
 4,778     26
    Thread: Feedback wanted on the three links per week limit in the opt-in forums (and beyond)
Post: RE: Feedback wanted on the three links per week li...

Ninshub Wrote: (2022-02-08, 02:51 AM) -- So here we go - for your consideration and discussion: We are proposing new rules for the opt-in forums.  -- I am happy that you are going to use human moder...
Posted by North in Forum Questions, Suggestions and Announcements , 2022-02-08, 02:21 PM
 5,026     95
    Thread: Feedback wanted on the three links per week limit in the opt-in forums (and beyond)
Post: RE: Feedback wanted on the three links per week li...

chuck Wrote: (2022-02-07, 06:09 PM) -- Show me a thread that included real discussion along with a member posting multiple youtube videos per day. I'm guessing that thread doesn't exist. In my experi...
Posted by North in Forum Questions, Suggestions and Announcements , 2022-02-07, 08:59 PM
 5,026     95
    Thread: She Spoke to the Dead. They Told Her to Free the Slaves.
Post: RE: She Spoke to the Dead. They Told Her to Free t...

woethekitty Wrote: (2022-02-07, 09:18 AM) -- Since I was very obtuse the first time, here is my explanation. As I said, I could be totally wrong. Okay, Rumi, being a man of his time -- If Rumi w...
Posted by North in Apparitions, Hauntings and Poltergeists , 2022-02-07, 05:02 PM
 1,697     24

woethekitty Wrote: (2022-02-02, 03:22 PM) -- To be honest, I think Rumi is speaking here of the transcendent soul's ascent back to God through the celestial spheres. It's more an exercise in medieval...
Posted by North in Apparitions, Hauntings and Poltergeists , 2022-02-02, 07:11 PM
 1,697     24

woethekitty Wrote: (2022-01-31, 01:29 PM) -- Do any oracular messages on the global evolution of souls or the world predate the popularizing of Darwin and his theory? -- “I died as mineral and beca...
Posted by North in Apparitions, Hauntings and Poltergeists , 2022-02-01, 03:08 PM
 1,697     24
    Thread: Forum Rules and Guidelines Discussion

An unfortunate aspect of most discussion boards (and social media) is the tendency for participants to get caught up in fights with each other.  I would guess that these fights have an element of jock...
Posted by North in Forum Questions, Suggestions and Announcements , 2022-01-28, 08:16 PM
 12,890     133
    Thread: Book: Journeys Out of the Body by Robert A. Monroe
Post: RE: Book: Journeys Out of the Body by Robert A. Mo...

Monroe's second book "Far Journeys" continues his explorations.  He has some very interesting experiences and tells his stories in a new way.  The first part of the books starts slowly, but if you sti...
 618     6
    Thread: African Ritual and Initiation with Malidoma Patrice Some
Post: RE: African Ritual and Initiation with Malidoma Pa...

I highly recommend Malidoma's book "Of Water and the Spirit", very different world view and experiences.
Posted by North in Spirituality , 2021-08-05, 01:56 PM
 248     2
    Thread: The electrical blueprints that orchestrate life
Post: RE: The electrical blueprints that orchestrate lif...

Another interesting article about this subject https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/bioelectric-code (https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/bioelectric-code) Quote: -- Levin reasoned...
 827     12
    Thread: The electrical blueprints that orchestrate life
Post: RE: The electrical blueprints that orchestrate lif...

Sciborg_S_Patel Wrote: (2021-05-03, 06:01 PM) -- The electrical blueprints that orchestrate life (https://www.ted.com/talks/michael_levin_the_electrical_blueprints_that_orchestrate_life?language=en#t...
 827     12
    Thread: Inventor of Micrprocessor Denies Computationalism
Post: RE: Inventor of Micrprocessor Denies Computational...

Good article. Quote: -- The computer can neither be aware, nor consciously know anything. Thus, the comprehension brought by consciousness is not accessible to a computer. Herein lies the fund...
Posted by North in General Consciousness Science , 2021-04-27, 02:21 PM
 1,427     22
    Thread: Psience Quest Interview No. 7: Bruce Greyson

Thanks Vortex and Dr. Greyson for this very interesting discussion. I am especially thankful for Greyson's highlighting - "they are more than their physical bodies and that they are connected intim...
Posted by North in Psience Quest Interviews , 2021-04-12, 01:40 PM
 3,784     15
    Thread: On Human Nature

Human Nature: Quote: -- What a piece of work is a man! how noble in reason! how infinite in faculty! in form and moving how express and admirable! in action how like an angel! in apprehensi...
Posted by North in Philosophical Discussions , 2021-03-12, 01:33 AM
 796     8
    Thread: Dave Pruett: Science's Sacred Cows

Sciborg_S_Patel Wrote: (2019-07-28, 03:16 PM) -- Science’s Sacred Cows (Part 6): Realism (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dave-pruett/science-sacred-cows-part-6-realism_b_2796507.html) -- Quote: -- ...
 540     1
    Thread: Susan Blackmore's Psychology Today blog posts

Chris Wrote: (2019-07-25, 08:12 AM) --  Maybe what seems most curious to me is that she sometimes almost presents her whole scientific career as a quest to understand what happened that night, but se...
 2,636     14
    Thread: Dean Radin's spoon

Kamarling Wrote: (2019-07-21, 04:33 PM) -- Malf is pretty fair with his likes. He appreciates good answers even if he disagrees with them (or so it seems to me). -- Also he believes in Pink Unicorns:...
 6,206     59
    Thread: Hal Puthoff - SSE - IRVA - Advanced Physics - June 2018 - AATIP - TTSA
Post: RE: Hal Puthoff - SSE - IRVA - Advanced Physics - ...

Further to Hurmanetar's post: Quote: --  What happens when you get into a volume of space where the vacuum has been engineered in the way I’ve been discussing? It turns out you get a blue shift....
Posted by North in UFOs (and Related) , 2019-07-18, 04:35 PM
 1,559     7
    Thread: Dean Radin's spoon

Will Wrote: (2019-06-28, 04:28 PM) -- What kinds of bends did you get out of your silverware? -- I used some strong forks and when the effect was active I could bend the tines like pipe cleaners. ...
 6,206     59