Where within the Psience Quest forums may political/CT discussions be held?
Within the "Other Stuff" forum by creating a new thread for each political/CT topic.
20.00%
Within two individual threads in the "Other Stuff" forum: one for politics and one for CTs.
4.00%
Within two sub-forums within the "Other Stuff" forum (with the sub-forums being publicly visible).
12.00%
As above but with the sub-forums being visible to logged-in members only.
20.00%
As above but with the sub-forums being visible only to members of (a) particular usergroup(s). Individual members will be able to join and leave this/these usergroup(s) themselves (if possible).
44.00%
25 vote(s)
* You voted for this item.

Where within the Psience Quest forums may political/CT discussions be held?

4 Replies, 1605 Views

The first poll, to determine whether political / conspiracy theory discussions were accepted on this forum resulted in a majority saying yes. Now, this follow-up poll asks, "Given that political/CT discussions are permissible, where on this forum may they be held?"

The result of this poll will be called two weeks after first posting (see the date of this opening post). The option with the largest percentage of the votes will be deemed to be the community's choice. After that, the poll will remain open indefinitely, to see if/how votes change over time.

Please do not post anything to this thread: keep all discussion on this poll to the main thread, The question of political / conspiracy theory content.

In case it's not clear, "CT" refers to "conspiracy theory".
(This post was last modified: 2017-08-31, 10:24 AM by Laird.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Laird's post:
  • Doug
I am concerned that there are too many choices. The only one I would object to is #2 and that is distinctly different from the others. But if votes against #2 are split over the other choices, #2 might get the most votes when the majority of voters would consider that their last choice.

Is it possible to make the poll so that voters can choose as many choices as they want? Or can we agree that for #2 to win it must have more votes than all the other choices combined?

Also, I don't have a strong preference. I chose #1 but if other people prefer #5 (to keep political threads out of their recent posts lists) then I really don't mind going with #5.

So, actually I'm not sure a poll is really the best way to decide the question. If #2 wins, or if someone strongly wants #5 I think we should not necessarily let the poll be the final arbiter.
The first gulp from the glass of science will make you an atheist, but at the bottom of the glass God is waiting for you - Werner Heisenberg. (More at my Blog & Website)
(This post was last modified: 2017-08-31, 01:03 PM by Jim_Smith.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jim_Smith's post:
  • Sciborg_S_Patel
Hi Jim, would you mind awfully moving your post to the main thread, so as not to fragment the conversation? I promise to respond to you there if you do. And I really think that the points you make are worth responding to. I'm really not trying to be petty, I just think it's so much better if everything is contained in a single thread. Here that thread is: The question of political / conspiracy theory content
Is there a consensus yet for those of us who are interested in the occult and so-called conspiracy theories about where we can post, if at all?
(2017-09-09, 11:53 AM)Doppelgänger Wrote: Is there a consensus yet for those of us who are interested in the occult and so-called conspiracy theories about where we can post, if at all?
Not yet, but soon. (There will be a place for it.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ninshub's post:
  • Doppelgänger

• View a Printable Version