What is your policy on TOR and open proxies?

4 Replies, 1534 Views

What is this forum's rules regarding open proxies, VPN's or TOR?

Other forums that I am a member of have disabled TOR because of trolls. But I believe there are legit uses for the others. I am interested are you going to disable these?

If I can remember correctly from what I read elsewhere, isn't TOR banned on Skeptiko?
Too many people use VPNs these days I think to ban them.
It's not something we've discussed, so, I guess, by default, at least for the moment, there's no prohibition on using any of those technologies.

I can't recall whether TOR is banned on Skeptiko - is such a thing even possible? How do you detect a TOR end-point?
(This post was last modified: 2017-08-31, 11:32 PM by Laird.)
(2017-08-31, 11:31 PM)Laird Wrote: It's not something we've discussed, so, I guess, by default, at least for the moment, there's no prohibition on using any of those technologies.

I can't recall whether TOR is banned on Skeptiko - is such a thing even possible? How do you detect a TOR end-point?

TOR Onion Exit IP Addresses

The list is dynamic. I run a TOR exit node. 

Personally, I don't understand the broad banning of IP addresses. If you ban a troll or an assclown, you can ban his IP addresses. If you want to control who posts, then the screening process has to be more extensive via registration. Tsakaris, for instance, has severely tightened up the new poster's credentials. I answered his email telling him I was interested in discussing mediumships and ETs and he answered.

"i'm sure yr well-meaning and all, but we're trying to be a little more restrictive these days. pls send me a link to yr FB."

May I? How about a copy of my DL and SS card and a pic of my dick?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Pssst's post:
  • Ninshub
(2017-09-01, 10:02 PM)Pssst Wrote: TOR Onion Exit IP Addresses

The list is dynamic. I run a TOR exit node.

Ah. Thanks.

• View a Printable Version