What Is PSI

32 Replies, 5886 Views

We often times here people on the forum say -- that's not PSI! Or how does that relate to PSI?

Well. What is PSI?
[-] The following 4 users Like chuck's post:
  • malf, Slorri, Hurmanetar, Stan Woolley
(2017-09-28, 03:10 PM)chuck Wrote: We often times here people on the forum say -- that's not PSI! Or how does that relate to PSI?

Well. What is PSI?
Good luck with getting a clear answer to that one!

I rather unscientifically lump MANY anomalous things into that heading. You know, the standard stuff- NDE, OBE, end of life lucidity, shapeshifting, remote viewing, lucid dreaming, all forms of mediumship, after death experiences, life between lives, etc etc.

My personal definition is that it is about those things that are related to the non-physical aspect of our reality.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jkmac's post:
  • Obiwan
(2017-09-28, 03:10 PM)chuck Wrote: We often times here people on the forum say -- that's not PSI! Or how does that relate to PSI?

Well. What is PSI?

That's a great question chuck.

How do we decide what is psi, a close relative, a cousin, or a distant relative. And what should be included as suitable topics. Why some individuals should be offended if certain subjects are included and 'threaten to leave' if they are, just annoys the shit out of me.  Wink
Oh my God, I hate all this.   Surprise

Well. What is PSI?

pounds per square inch.

duh.
[-] The following 3 users Like Pssst's post:
  • Slorri, Hurmanetar, Doug
(2017-09-28, 06:37 PM)Stan Woolley Wrote: That's a great question chuck.

How do we decide what is psi, a close relative, a cousin, or a distant relative. And what should be included as suitable topics. Why some individuals should be offended if certain subjects are included and 'threaten to leave' if they are, just annoys the shit out of me.  Wink

Well, do you know, it "just annoys the shit out of me" when people try to persuade people with HIV that the life-saving medication that's available to them doesn't really work. Only today on this site we've had someone suggesting to somebody else that his HIV+ friends should look at Henry Bauer's propaganda. And what happens if one of them does look, and is taken in by it, and refuses medication?
[-] The following 4 users Like Guest's post:
  • nbtruthman, Doppelgänger, malf, Roberta

Well. What is PSI?

Psi is any kind of conscious perception or action that is dislocated in space-time - it seems to violate basic axiomatic assumptions about locality and/or causality.
(2017-09-28, 07:51 PM)Chris Wrote: Well, do you know, it "just annoys the shit out of me" when people try to persuade people with HIV that the life-saving medication that's available to them doesn't really work. Only today on this site we've had someone suggesting to somebody else that his HIV+ friends should look at Henry Bauer's propaganda. And what happens if one of them does look, and is taken in by it, and refuses medication?

Presumably they are adults, so they should decide for themselves if its worth looking into. Are we capable of being everyone's protector? If people are ill, mentally or physically, then hopefully they will have someone close to them to make these type of decisions.
Oh my God, I hate all this.   Surprise
[-] The following 1 user Likes Stan Woolley's post:
  • Pssst
(2017-09-28, 09:23 PM)Stan Woolley Wrote: Presumably they are adults, so they should decide for themselves if its worth looking into. Are we capable of being everyone's protector?

Maybe not, but we can at least avoid disseminating material that's likely to harm vulnerable people. I don't want any part of it, anyway.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Guest's post:
  • Roberta
(2017-09-28, 07:51 PM)Chris Wrote: Well, do you know, it "just annoys the shit out of me" when people try to persuade people with HIV that the life-saving medication that's available to them doesn't really work. Only today on this site we've had someone suggesting to somebody else that his HIV+ friends should look at Henry Bauer's propaganda. And what happens if one of them does look, and is taken in by it, and refuses medication?

They are solely responsible for whatever action they choose to take.
Anyway, there's another thread for discussing that if people want to, so I apologise to Chuck for getting drawn into the off-topic comments.

I'll have a go at a definition of psi - an interaction between a mind and its environment for which currently accepted physical laws provide no mechanism.
[-] The following 5 users Like Guest's post:
  • Doppelgänger, Roberta, jkmac, Laird, Hurmanetar

• View a Printable Version