Welcome to Psience Quest!

37 Replies, 10967 Views

Hello everyone. We're just getting started and so we're very open to everyone's suggestions, comments or questions about the new forum, the structure, the subforum categories. Please let us know your thoughts if you have any.

This is a work in progress and all your input is welcome.
[-] The following 2 users Like Ninshub's post:
  • malf, Doug
Hello
The first gulp from the glass of science will make you an atheist, but at the bottom of the glass God is waiting for you - Werner Heisenberg. (More at my Blog & Website)
[-] The following 3 users Like Jim_Smith's post:
  • Sciborg_S_Patel, Doug, Ninshub
(2017-08-13, 06:43 PM)Jim_Smith Wrote: Hello

Hi Jim!
I'm here, people!
[-] The following 5 users Like Vortex's post:
  • Hurmanetar, Sciborg_S_Patel, Ninshub, Doug, Laird
I see how to view new posts and todays posts, but it seems like new posts is not the same as unread posts. Is there a way to display unread posts?

Thanks
The first gulp from the glass of science will make you an atheist, but at the bottom of the glass God is waiting for you - Werner Heisenberg. (More at my Blog & Website)
(2017-08-13, 07:43 PM)Jim_Smith Wrote: I see how to view new posts and todays posts, but it seems like new posts is not the same as unread posts. Is there a way to display unread posts?

Thanks

It looks like we're going to need to install a plugin for that: https://community.mybb.com/thread-71986.html

Will get onto it momentarily, Jim.
[-] The following 2 users Like Laird's post:
  • Sciborg_S_Patel, Jim_Smith
(2017-08-13, 07:47 PM)Laird Wrote:
(2017-08-13, 07:43 PM)Jim_Smith Wrote: I see how to view new posts and todays posts, but it seems like new posts is not the same as unread posts. Is there a way to display unread posts?

Thanks

It looks like we're going to need to install a plugin for that: https://community.mybb.com/thread-71986.html

Will get onto it momentarily, Jim.

Sorted. Does it serve your purposes? It seems fine to me, but let's give it some use before we decide it's fine.
  • Jim_Smith, Typoz
The other add-on that would be nice is a quote feature that links back to the quoted post, as on XenForo (the Skeptiko software). I've looked around a little and not found one - please anybody let me know if you come across one.
(2017-08-13, 07:58 PM)Laird Wrote: The other add-on that would be nice is a quote feature that links back to the quoted post, as on XenForo (the Skeptiko software). I've looked around a little and not found one - please anybody let me know if you come across one.

That feature already is operational. Did you fix it?
(2017-08-13, 08:18 PM)Typoz Wrote:
(2017-08-13, 07:58 PM)Laird Wrote: The other add-on that would be nice is a quote feature that links back to the quoted post, as on XenForo (the Skeptiko software). I've looked around a little and not found one - please anybody let me know if you come across one.

That feature already is operational. Did you fix it?

Ha. No, I'm just unobservant. Smile Super. That's one less feature request to worry about.
  • Ninshub, Typoz

• View a Printable Version