VIDEOS: Strange, Mysterious, Haunted, Unexplained, Funny, Weird

19 Replies, 2470 Views

We had a similar thread on the old forum, and I thought we might as well have one here too -
A thread for all these Strange, Mysterious, Haunted, Unexplained, Funny, Weird, Hilarious, Educational, "Outrageous"-videos that one run across on YouTube. Often there are these Top 5, Top 10, short stories/cases on all kinds of interesting subjects. Fun, fact?, thought-provoking, dubious, strange, questionable, or/and suggestive - either way, they are fun to watch, and has made me look deeper into lots cases/stories/claims that I otherwise wouldn't have come across.

If you come across one of these interesting videos, share it with the rest of us and put 'em up here.
[-] The following 3 users Like Pollux's post:
  • E. Flowers, Doug, Ninshub
Belmez Faces in Spain

The BÃlmez Faces or the Faces of BÃlmez is an alleged paranormal phenomenon in a private house in Spain which started in 1971 when residents claimed images of faces appeared in the concrete floor of the house The phenomenon is considered by some parapsychologists the best-documented and "without doubt the most important paranormal phenomenon in the [20th] century".

The appearances in BÃlmez began on 23 August 1971, when María Gómez Cámara claimed that a human face formed spontaneously on her concrete kitchen floor. María's husband, Juan Pereira and their son, Miguel, destroyed the image with a pickaxe and new concrete was laid down. However, the Pereira story goes, a new face formed on the floor. The mayor of BÃlmez was informed and forbade the destruction of the new face. Instead, the floor concrete was cut out and taken for study.

[-] The following 2 users Like Pollux's post:
  • Doug, Ninshub
So... What happened to the face that was extracted?
"Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before..."
Not weird - just fun (and educational).

[-] The following 1 user Likes Ninshub's post:
  • Pollux
9 Most Mysterious Ancient Artifacts

Antikythera Mechanism
This mysterious artifact almost looks like something from the future, but itâ€s actually at least 2,000 years old. This machine of sorts was found in the remains of a sunken Greek cargo ship. Itâ€s made of bronze and contains an intricate system of 30 hand-cut gears.

Ancient Screw
As far as we know, screws, or at least the use of screw threads, date back to as early as 400 AD, but they may have been around long before humans were known to exist.

Ancient Hammer
Perhaps the alien that had a screw loose also lost his hammer somewhere along the line because scientists found one in an ancient rock in Texas. Like the screw, in order for the rock to form around the hammer in the manner it did, the hammer had to have existed before the rock.

Three-Pronged Plug
We move on from handy ancient people to those with electricity, or at least electrical plugs, before electricity was even a thing. In 1998 while hiking somewhere in the middle of nowhere in North America, John J Williams saw an electrical plug sticking out of the ground.

Thonis-Heracleion and Canopus
While the city of Thonis-Heracleion was mentioned in various ancient texts, people in the modern era assumed it was a mythological city because no one knew where in the world it was...thatâ€s because it was hiding underwater.

The Genetic Disc
The Genetic Disc is one of the most-challenged ancient finds with many thinking itâ€s a hoax, but weâ€ll let you be the judge. This 27-centimeter, little-over-two-pound lydite disc was allegedly found by Professor Jamie Gutierrez somewhere in Colombia. Thatâ€s all thatâ€s known about its past.

Ancient Nampa Figurine
While workers were drilling for water in 1889 in Nampa, Idaho, they found a tiny little clay figurine. While finding artifacts when digging into the ground isnâ€t anything unusual, the depth at which it was found is quite odd.

Sharon Hill has a short article on the hammer in the rock on her Spooky Geology site:
http://spookygeology.com/the-hammer-entombed-in-rock/
[-] The following 1 user Likes Guest's post:
  • Doug
8 Discoveries That Made us Rethink History

Some of The Most Haunted Places In The World

(2017-12-29, 10:25 PM)Chris Wrote: Sharon Hill has a short article on the hammer in the rock on her Spooky Geology site:
http://spookygeology.com/the-hammer-entombed-in-rock/

The link didn't work for me. Can you access it?
(2017-12-29, 11:26 PM)Pollux Wrote: The link didn't work for me. Can you access it?

Yes, it still works for me. But here's a tinyurl link to the same page:
https://tinyurl.com/ybeewywv
[-] The following 1 user Likes Guest's post:
  • Pollux

• View a Printable Version