Tools and Techniques for change of perspective

3 Replies, 1256 Views

Rather than argue incessantly about whether this non-physical aspect of our reality is real (it is, I have no doubt what-so-ever), I'd rather leave that task to those who think it is worthwhile time expenditure, while I try and pursue other more constructive topics.   Thumbs Up

Talking and reading and listening to others are great ways to learn, but not great ways to "experience". For me personally, I can never fully accept anything as bizarre as the things we are discussing, unless I have personal direct experience of it. And regular experience is especially needed to go beyond proof, and proceed to deeply explore and learn how this all works in practice.

Luckily for me, I have had enough success with the various techniques I've used, to gain enough experience to reach the unambiguous personal conclusion that these things (at least some of them) are real. But I want to go further. I want to have a more repeatable process. One that is predictable enough to use as a platform for regular exploration and "work. 

There are lots of ways to access these non-physical "places". Like: lucid dreaming, meditation, NDE, OBE, hemisync and other binaural recordings, various types of trance, hypnosis, drugs, extreme physical or mental stress, anesthesia, trauma, light stimulation, etc.

I wanted to invite people to share what they think are the best ways to make this transition to experiential realms . We know what the internet says, but what works for you? 

For me: 
lucid dreaming has been the best method, but I find it is way too sporadic to count on as a regular system of transition. Some weeks I will have 2 dreams, and other times I will go months between dreams. I'm in a dry spell right now... Also the dreams I have are all too short and "fragile". I am working on this. I have used the REM Dreamer mask but find it is not that effective for me.

I have also had a little success with hemisync and I'm planning to re-start using hemisync more regularly to see if I can get more predictable results.

Float tank gave me nothing.

Hypnosis was interesting but felt like I was using my imagination to create stories. Also hypnosis doesn't create an immersive life-like experience for me. More like a day dream.

Have had some interesting experiences with light treatment devices. If there was one closer to me I would be using it all the time. I have toyed with buying one and renting time on it to others. Bottom line- to drive 4 hours to NYC, and over $100 an hour to use the device, makes it not that accessible to experiment with.

Shamanic trance hasn't worked yet for me.

I keep thinking that a comprehensive meditative practice is the answer but there are SO MANY ways to meditate. Where to start?

Anyone care to comment and share?
(This post was last modified: 2017-10-11, 12:36 PM by jkmac.)
You have a plan, good on ya', now drop it and your expectations along with it.
(2017-10-11, 12:27 PM)jkmac Wrote: Rather than argue incessantly about whether this non-physical aspect of our reality is real (it is, I have no doubt what-so-ever), I'd rather leave that task to those who think it is worthwhile time expenditure, while I try and pursue other more constructive topics.   Thumbs Up

Talking and reading and listening to others are great ways to learn, but not great ways to "experience". For me personally, I can never fully accept anything as bizarre as the things we are discussing, unless I have personal direct experience of it. And regular experience is especially needed to go beyond proof, and proceed to deeply explore and learn how this all works in practice.

Luckily for me, I have had enough success with the various techniques I've used, to gain enough experience to reach the unambiguous personal conclusion that these things (at least some of them) are real. But I want to go further. I want to have a more repeatable process. One that is predictable enough to use as a platform for regular exploration and "work. 

There are lots of ways to access these non-physical "places". Like: lucid dreaming, meditation, NDE, OBE, hemisync and other binaural recordings, various types of trance, hypnosis, drugs, extreme physical or mental stress, anesthesia, trauma, light stimulation, etc.

I wanted to invite people to share what they think are the best ways to make this transition to experiential realms . We know what the internet says, but what works for you? 

For me: 
lucid dreaming has been the best method, but I find it is way too sporadic to count on as a regular system of transition. Some weeks I will have 2 dreams, and other times I will go months between dreams. I'm in a dry spell right now... Also the dreams I have are all too short and "fragile". I am working on this. I have used the REM Dreamer mask but find it is not that effective for me.

I have also had a little success with hemisync and I'm planning to re-start using hemisync more regularly to see if I can get more predictable results.

Float tank gave me nothing.

Hypnosis was interesting but felt like I was using my imagination to create stories. Also hypnosis doesn't create an immersive life-like experience for me. More like a day dream.

Have had some interesting experiences with light treatment devices. If there was one closer to me I would be using it all the time. I have toyed with buying one and renting time on it to others. Bottom line- to drive 4 hours to NYC, and over $100 an hour to use the device, makes it not that accessible to experiment with.

Shamanic trance hasn't worked yet for me.

I keep thinking that a comprehensive meditative practice is the answer but there are SO MANY ways to meditate. Where to start?

Anyone care to comment and share?
comment - go for what appeals to your reasoning.  Hope you find what you need but dismiss naysayers.  What do they have to offer except discouragement?
(2017-10-11, 06:39 PM)leadville Wrote: comment - go for what appeals to your reasoning.  Hope you find what you need but dismiss naysayers.  What do they have to offer except discouragement?

I don't care about naysayers. Just those who make this "journey" on a regular basis.

• View a Printable Version