The graphics design of the forum

24 Replies, 5415 Views

The forum looks good, in my mind, and seems to work well also.
A suggestion would be, if possible, to make the boarders between posts more distinct.

There are buttons at the top and the bottom of a post, and it can be difficult to see where they belong.
[-] The following 2 users Like Slorri's post:
  • Doug, Stan Woolley
(2017-08-15, 01:59 PM)Slorri Wrote: The forum looks good, in my mind, and seems to work well also.
A suggestion would be, if possible, to make the boarders between posts more distinct.

There are buttons at the top and the bottom of a post, and it can be difficult to see where they belong.

I agree, Slorri, posts weren't sufficiently demarcated from one another. I've added a 30 pixel margin to the bottom of posts. Please let me know whether you think this solves the problem, or whether we need further action.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Laird's post:
  • Stan Woolley
Yes, better.
Maybe the line just above a post should be darker and thicker also.
How's this? Too much?
Laird, it might help if you could darken (and maybe thicken) the line separating the posts.
(2017-08-15, 07:35 PM)Laird Wrote: How's this? Too much?

Good.
(2017-08-15, 07:45 PM)Doug Wrote: Laird, it might help if you could darken (and maybe thicken) the line separating the posts.

Done, although I'm not sure it's all that aesthetically pleasing.
This post has been deleted.
(2017-08-15, 09:16 PM)Max_B Wrote:
(2017-08-15, 08:45 PM)Laird Wrote:
(2017-08-15, 07:45 PM)Doug Wrote: Laird, it might help if you could darken (and maybe thicken) the line separating the posts.

Done, although I'm not sure it's all that aesthetically pleasing.

yes, it looks foul

That's a better way of putting it. What would your solution/suggestion be, Max? Right now this dividing line is 4 pixels high with colour #333, and the bottom margin of posts is 30 pixels high. Hit us with your best alternative!
This post has been deleted.

• View a Printable Version