The Academy for the Advancement of Postmaterialist Sciences

26 Replies, 5957 Views

E. Flowers posted a link to a video publicising this organisation, though it's difficult to find out much about it online:

They are not short of self-confidence, judging by the opening comparison with Albert Einstein.

There is a bit more information in a Facebook post by Diane Powell, which mentions they are preparing "an academic book outlining scientific evidence for a new paradigm that regards consciousness as fundamental":
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_f...1404152884

Does anyone know any more?
[-] The following 6 users Like Guest's post:
  • stephenw, tim, E. Flowers, jkmac, Laird, Roberta
(2017-09-11, 07:55 AM)Chris Wrote: E. Flowers posted a link to a video publicising this organisation, though it's difficult to find out much about it online:

They are not short of self-confidence, judging by the opening comparison with Albert Einstein.

There is a bit more information in a Facebook post by Diane Powell, which mentions they are preparing "an academic book outlining scientific evidence for a new paradigm that regards consciousness as fundamental":
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_f...1404152884

Does anyone know any more?
Now that's got my attention.

Would love to know more.

5 minutes of google didn't find anything...  Confused
[-] The following 1 user Likes jkmac's post:
  • E. Flowers
I'm sorry, but Dean Radin has lost any credibility he had by sporting that goatee.
[-] The following 7 users Like malf's post:
  • E. Flowers, laborde, Doppelgänger, Brian, jkmac, Roberta, Dante
(2017-09-13, 04:16 AM)malf Wrote: I'm sorry, but Dean Radin has lost any credibility he had by sporting that goatee.
If it weren't for the name, I wouldn't have recognized him.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Will's post:
  • malf
(2017-09-13, 04:16 AM)malf Wrote: I'm sorry, but Dean Radin has lost any credibility he had by sporting that goatee.

I'm thinking he's trying to toughen up his image so skeptics will stop beating him up.  Smile
[-] The following 3 users Like jkmac's post:
  • laborde, Brian, malf
This post has been deleted.
And speaking of the universe's deepest mysteries, how can head hair be so brown and facial hair so white?
[-] The following 2 users Like malf's post:
  • tim, Brian
I am uneasy about studies that test for a phenomenon that has no back story. Is there any prior plausibility for the GCP?
(2017-09-13, 11:15 AM)malf Wrote: I am uneasy about studies that test for a phenomenon that has no back story. Is there any prior plausibility for the GCP?
Why is a "backstory" important? 

Sometimes people discover new things that haven't been noticed, or thought of before...

And who cares about "plausibility"? Is really any psi phenomenon very "plausible"?
(This post was last modified: 2017-09-13, 11:58 AM by jkmac.)
(2017-09-13, 11:15 AM)malf Wrote: I am uneasy about studies that test for a phenomenon that has no back story. Is there any prior plausibility for the GCP?

I think it came out of the earlier PEAR studies on random number generators, which initially had one person trying to influence one RNG. Then they went on to see if an RNG would behave unusually if it were put in a roomful of people meditating or something like that. Then evidently they thought they'd see if the whole population of the world could influence a global network of RNGs.

(By the way, was this comment meant for the thread on the GCP? I really started this thread so that people could discuss Dean Radin's facial hair.)
[-] The following 5 users Like Guest's post:
  • malf, jkmac, Typoz, Brian, Laird

• View a Printable Version