Table Tipping

20 Replies, 4762 Views

http://noosphere.princeton.edu/papers/zi..._1984.html

Quote:Batcheldor, K.J. (1984).
Contributions to the Theory of PK Induction from Sitter-Group Work.
Journal of the American Society for Psychical Research, 78(2), p.111.

Discusses insights and observations regarding the operation of psychokinesis (PK) in sitter groups. The adverse effect of light is discussed, but psychological considerations, especially the role of belief, are emphasized. The author distinguishes between "instant" and "long-term" belief, the former being most important as regards PK induction. It is argued that PK success is contagious: Success builds on success. Yet it is not possible to deliberately create the requisite belief--it is involuntary. The role of artifacts, or pseudo-PK, in inducing genuine PK is described. Also dealt with are emotional resistance, which can inhibit phenomena; the optimum psi state (including "divided" and "blended" states); feedback and suggestion; and control over PK ability. He points out that although replications of sitter-group work are called for, those who prefer more laboratory-oriented research should nonetheless be able to apply and test some of the ideas that have emerged from sitter-group work in other areas of psi research. (29 ref)
[-] The following 2 users Like Guest's post:
  • laborde, Ninshub
[-] The following 2 users Like Guest's post:
  • Laird, Ninshub
I used to go to a Spiritualist church that had banned table tipping. They used to have sessions once in a while but the last time before the ban a member of the church brought along a friend from the Caribbean who was into voodoo and during the table tipping session in full light he went into a trance and started giving off ectoplasm which freaked some people out - so they banned table tipping. I wasn't there when it happened but I heard the story from someone who was there and whom I know to be of reliable character.
The first gulp from the glass of science will make you an atheist, but at the bottom of the glass God is waiting for you - Werner Heisenberg. (More at my Blog & Website)
In the articles thread, K9 posted a 2017 paper by Gimeno & Burgo about a study done at a PK laboratory in Buenos Aires. It lists several videos. This is one of them.

Gimeno's channel where you can find the rest:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiEGlDE...ye-dPlz2Wg
(This post was last modified: 2017-08-16, 06:23 AM by Ninshub.)
[-] The following 3 users Like Ninshub's post:
  • Doug, Bucky, Laird
This was an old style meeting as is customary at the New Spiritualists' Society set up to uphold the old values and practices of Spiritualism in this new age. After a service with mental mediumship prayer and a healing session, Rev Cathy Gibb becomes entranced and a table moves in answer to questions.

[-] The following 2 users Like Ninshub's post:
  • Slorri, Bucky
This post has been deleted.
(2017-08-20, 06:37 PM)Max_B Wrote: I soothed myself somewhat, by accepting that the table was really just a very large Ouija board puck being moved over the floor, rather than over a Ouija board. But still felt a little freaked out, seeing apparently normal adults engaging in this sort of behavior.

As we kids get older and bigger, the ouija board must adjust in size. Big Grin
[-] The following 3 users Like Ninshub's post:
  • laborde, Doug, Typoz
(2017-08-20, 03:50 AM)Ninshub Wrote: This was an old style meeting as is customary at the New Spiritualists' Society set up to uphold the old values and practices of Spiritualism in this new age. After a service with mental mediumship prayer and a healing session, Rev Cathy Gibb becomes entranced and a table moves in answer to questions.

"medium Cathy Gibb proves life after death by table turning" 
That title has some involuntary Python-esque humor in it.... Big Grin

"philosoper Bill Smith proves free will by dish washing" Big Grin

But other than that cool video.
I've seen a very similar thing done over here by a rather famous sensitive. He gathered a group of people, they started joking singing creating a very upbeat atomsphere and things (tables, chairs) started moving around.

In that case the claim was PK, rather than spirit intervention. I think it's pretty hard to distinguish among the two.
I'll see if I can find the video(s).
(This post was last modified: 2017-08-23, 07:25 AM by Bucky.)
[-] The following 2 users Like Bucky's post:
  • Oleo, Ninshub
This is pretty old. I think it was the early 70s
The guy is Luciano Muti, pretty well known in Italy for his PK experiments.
This is a rather famous demonstration he's done in public several times, where he fights a group of people keeping the table down while he tries to make it tilt to the opposite side.

Video is pretty old unfortunately.

cheers
(This post was last modified: 2017-08-23, 08:12 AM by Bucky.)
  • Ninshub, Doug
This is the same guy in another experiment, similar to the one I was talking about.
There are five sensitives with Muti around the table and two researchers. One is a parapsychologist and the other is a doctor.
During the experiment the latter is measuring Muti's EEG and comments on it later in the video. The whole thing is pretty long and they all speak Italian.

At around 5':00" the parapsychologists comments on the phenomenon. He talks about his inspection of the table, the weigth, the possibility for "normal" explanations of the movement or how it could be faked concluding that the motion of the chair and table seemed anomalous at least in certain points of the experiment.

Then they spend some time talking about how the experiment feels, for the participants. They agree that when all hands are in contact with the table there's a certain amount of palpable "electricity" going through it.

Finally the doctor comments on the EEG saying that there's a sharp difference when Muti is talking and when he's concentrating on the experiment. In the former state the EEG reading looks like expected but during the PK phases there's an off the chart delta state, around 2Hz. Specifically he says that the instrument can measure up to 400 microvolts but the reading is off the scale, this in turn indicates a strong coherence of all neurons.

He also notes that it seems anomalous to see such high delta synchronization while Muti has his eyes open and is either speaking or singing during the experiment.

Finally the doc says that when Muti concentrates on moving the chair, rather than the table, the EEG shows high alpha synchronization. Here Muti comments on the fact that he needs visual contact with the chair to establish "a connection", while for the table he doesn't as he's resting his hands on it.

That's pretty much the gist of the discussion in the video.

cheers
(This post was last modified: 2017-08-23, 08:05 AM by Bucky.)
  • Ninshub, Doug

• View a Printable Version