Random forum fighting thread

91 Replies, 10775 Views

(2017-10-10, 08:27 PM)Dreamsoap Wrote: Spirits are not special and neither are you. Mediochre Wrote: More like a classic expression of not being a narcissist. We've both had enough encounters with spirits who unironically claim to be gods or angels who then demand that us lowly humans treat them as such "or else." Likewise we've had enough encounters with spiritualist who think much the same way about whatever their ideology happens to be. We're both smart enough than them to know better at this point.

Let me see if I understand you correctly.

You choose to say that you are not special because you don't want to be considered a narcissist? That as creations of All That Is, and as a part of ATI, neither spirit nor you consider yourselves/themselves to be special.

OK.
(2017-10-10, 08:37 PM)Dreamsoap Wrote: To add one anecdote: I knew a guy on another forum who was convinced he's the 'New Age Messiah' simply because an Egyptian looking spirit talked to him about cooking. He's since gone on his quest to seek followers and start his own cult.

Point?

Is this an invalid experience for him and his 'cult'?
(2017-10-10, 08:55 PM)Pssst Wrote: That as creations of All That Is, and as a part of ATI, neither spirit nor you consider yourselves/themselves to be special.

OK.

Are you implying that everything is special merely because it exists?
"The cure for bad information is more information."
(2017-10-11, 01:33 AM)Mediochre Wrote: Are you implying that everything is special merely because it exists?

Yep.
(2017-10-11, 06:01 PM)Pssst Wrote: Yep.
Well that explains your other questions.
If everything is special then nothing is since there is nothing to compare it to.
No wonder you picked on her quote and assumed it meant that she feels a lacks of self worth and why you assumed that my response meant that I didn't want to be "perceived" as being narcissistic.
You're just another special snowflake spiritualist who can't handle the idea of being an individual. Freedom and the personal responsibility that comes with it are too much effort, so you shunt them off to some external source. A God, a book, aliens, it doesn't matter. As long as it's there to be your surrogate parent so you never have to grow up and live in the real world.
Not everyone is as weak willed as you are, some of us have self respect and a desire for personal improvement. And people like us couldn't give two shits what other people think of us. We're not so fragile that some random nobody's mere opinion is enough to make us care.
And we're not so egotistical that we believe merely existing makes us special. Or that other people should notice or care about us for any reason. We're drops in the ocean and no matter how much water we contain we'll still just be drops.
"The cure for bad information is more information."
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mediochre's post:
  • Brian
Enjoy those limitations you have chosen for yourselves. Should be quite a journey.
(This post was last modified: 2017-10-12, 12:11 AM by Pssst.)
(2017-10-10, 08:59 PM)Pssst Wrote: Point?

Is this an invalid experience for him and his 'cult'?

Uhm. Yes. Yes it is.

If a singular instance of having a random spirit appear before you to talk about cooking and aluminum foil makes one a 'Messiah' - then what the hell does it make those who have repeated conversations with spirits every day? Does that mean they're all 'New Age Messiahs' too? And furthermore how do you determine which one is the REAL 'Messiah'? I'm honestly surprised, have you not put a single iota of thought behind this? Nothing mathematically follows. It's no different than having said hello to a celebrity in passing and taking that experience to mean you're the president of the united states, and all existing presidents are frauds. Even that analogy doesn't work though because spirits aren't celebrities, they're regular people just like those that walk the earth because that's what they are. There is nothing intrinsically special about having talked to one because thousands of people do so every day across the globe. Some have a very derogatory view of humans because of these attitudes. Some will purposefully present themselves as 'gods' and 'angels' and spout a bunch of bullshit about that person being 'the chosen one' just for shits and giggles, because they know it takes literally nothing for those humans to believe it at face value.
Spirits are not special and neither are you.
(This post was last modified: 2017-10-12, 06:20 PM by Dreamsoap.)
(2017-10-12, 06:05 PM)Pssst Wrote: Point? Wrote: Is this an invalid experience for him and his 'cult'?

Dreamsoap

Uhm. Yes. Yes it is.

You go right along and make judgements about other's people' paths and journeys, regardless it is none of your business what path, belief systems and efforts anyone else makes. Let that serve you well.
(2017-10-12, 06:05 PM)Dreamsoap Wrote: If a singular instance of having a random spirit appear before you to talk about cooking and aluminum foil makes one a 'Messiah' - then what the hell does it make those who have repeated conversations with spirits every day? And furthermore how do you determine which one is the REAL 'Messiah'? I'm honestly surprised, have you not put a single iota of thought behind this? Nothing mathematically follows. It's no different than having said hello to a celebrity in passing and taking that experience to mean you're the president of the united states, and all existing presidents are frauds. Even that analogy doesn't work though because spirits aren't celebrities, they're regular people just like those that walk the earth because that's what they are. There is nothing intrinsically special about having talked to one because thousands of people do so every day across the globe. Some have a very derogatory view of humans because of these attitudes. Some will purposefully present themselves as 'gods' and 'angels' and spout a bunch of bullshit about that person being 'the chosen one' just for shits and giggles, because they know it takes literally nothing for a human to believe it at face value.

You are right, I have not put just a single iota of thought into the 'spirit world' but let me make a suggestion to you.

Before you go all apeshit, get your facts straight about the members you address and take the time to find out their backgrounds, line of thought, posting histories and basis for their POV. Unless you are desirous of having the experience in your physical reality of being labelled a "foolish hothead" and having to dig yourself out of a self-imposed status of questionable credibility.

If that is the case, nevermind.
(2017-10-12, 06:17 PM)Pssst Wrote: You go right along and make judgements about other's people' paths and journeys, regardless it is none of your business what path, belief systems and efforts anyone else makes. Let that serve you well.

Says the guy who made judgements about us, assuming we have low self esteem. Might want to work on your self awareness there, mate.
Spirits are not special and neither are you.

• View a Printable Version