Questions for Rudolf Smit and Titus Rivas

9 Replies, 1913 Views

Hello everyone,

I want to announce I came with a contact with Rudolf "Smithy" Smit and Titus Rivas, and we decided together to do a trialogue on the subject of veridical NDEs and related intellectual, experiential and social issues.

You're welcome to propose questions we can try to answer and topics that we may discuss.

Your ideas are appreciated!

Vortex
(This post was last modified: 2018-01-20, 12:23 PM by Vortex.)
[-] The following 5 users Like Vortex's post:
  • Ninshub, Mediochre, tim, Doug, Laird
I want to thank Rudolf and Titus for their initiative - this is the first time I was asked to do an interview, not contacted someone myself! Thank you for your trust in me, people! Smile
[-] The following 7 users Like Vortex's post:
  • Ninshub, Silence, Mediochre, tim, Doug, Enrique Vargas, Laird
I see Enrique Vargas is here... I hope no one will object if I send him a message that will be private and public in the same time?

Well, Enrique, this is for you...

Энрике, сколько ещё ты будешь прятаться? В своём ответе на моё новогоднее поздравление ты сам сказал, что наша попытка создать новый форум удалась - так чего ж ты до сих пор молчишь?

Надеюсь, что моё интервью - или "триалог", как я предпочитаю его называть - с Рудольфом и Титом станет достаточным стимулом для твоего возвращения. Буду удивлён, если ты не будешь участвовать в обсуждении после его публикации.

End of private-public message for Enrique.

For anyone intersted: I try to persuade Enrique to become active again. I have already tried to do it via PM, yet he is still inactive... So I decided to add some publicity to our privacy. Wink
[-] The following 2 users Like Vortex's post:
  • Enrique Vargas, Laird
This post has been deleted.
(2018-01-20, 06:58 PM)Vortex Wrote: I see Enrique Vargas is here... I hope no one will object if I send him a message that will be private and public in the same time?

Well, Enrique, this is for you...

Энрике, сколько ещё ты будешь прятаться? В своём ответе на моё новогоднее поздравление ты сам сказал, что наша попытка создать новый форум удалась - так чего ж ты до сих пор молчишь?

Надеюсь, что моё интервью - или "триалог", как я предпочитаю его называть - с Рудольфом и Титом станет достаточным стимулом для твоего возвращения. Буду удивлён, если ты не будешь участвовать в обсуждении после его публикации.

End of private-public message for Enrique.

For anyone intersted: I try to persuade Enrique to become active again. I have already tried to do it via PM, yet he is still inactive... So I decided to add some publicity to our privacy. Wink

хахаха, смотри-ка, как умеет уговаривать  Big Grin подожди до завтра, у меня собака в госпитале, поэтому у меня сейчас котелок не варит... Дай Бог завтра её заберу домой и тогда уже смогу спокойно погрузиться в любимые темы. Спасибо что не забываешь, Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Enrique Vargas's post:
  • Vortex
I would like to know how he interprets the sudden change in mood that happened over at AWARE II. One day they ran an internal memo asking what could be done to improve recruitment, the other we get a sudden increase in media presence accompanied by more sites and funding for three more years. What does he think that Parnia is using as a selling point behind the curtain?
"Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before..."
Not that secret with google translate..... Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Obiwan's post:
  • Vortex
I'm confused by the lack of interest in SDE's on the part of researchers. This phenomenon is much stronger proof for survival of consciousness than NDE's, because it involves perfectly lucid third parties, thus not attributable to some sort of brain activity spike, hallucinations and all other skeptics-peddled baloney. Shouldn't SDE's be top priority at this point?
[-] The following 2 users Like Enrique Vargas's post:
  • Typoz, Laird
(2018-01-24, 08:19 AM)Enrique Vargas Wrote: I'm confused by the lack of interest in SDE's on the part of researchers. This phenomenon is much stronger proof for survival of consciousness than NDE's, because it involves perfectly lucid third parties, thus not attributable to some sort of brain activity spike, hallucinations and all other skeptics-peddled baloney. Shouldn't SDE's be top priority at this point?

I’d imagine they’re even rarer than NDEs - which appear difficult enough to research.
My part of interview is ready, and I have sent it to Rudolf and Titus. When they will complete it, and I will perform final complilation and editing acts, it will be published.

So, coming soon! Smile

P.S. Maybe I should have waited more for your proposals... But, since just two of them appeared for several days, and - especially - knowing that Rudolf (Smithy) and Titus are both forum members and will certainly participate in a post-interview debate, so you will be able to ask them what you want, I decided to go forward and write my part of text.

P.P.S. Enrique, thanks for your suggestion about SDEs - this topic is covered in the interview.

P.P.P.S. E. Flowers, thanks for your suggestion as well. The interview is generally centered around Rudolf's and Titus' "The Self Does Not Die" book, so your AWARE II question, while definitely related, would be a bit off-topic. Yet, as I said, you would be able to ask Titus and Rudolf yourself, in the discussion following publication.
[-] The following 3 users Like Vortex's post:
  • laborde, Doug, Typoz

• View a Printable Version