Questions for Henry Bauer

3 Replies, 1602 Views

Hello everyone,

While Loyd is still working on his answers, I'm not just sitting inactive.

Recently, Alex has posted a short and simple interview with Henry Bauer, concerning his new book "Science is not What You Think" which is essentially a summary of his decades-long hard work in the field of Science and Technology Studies (STS):

http://www.skeptiko-forum.com/threads/dr...ost-119785

https://www.amazon.com/Science-Not-What-...enry+bauer

I think that Bauer's complex, deep and daring views on the process of science deserve much better representation. So, I decided to interview him myself, here, on Psience Quest - and to do a harder and better job than Alex did. After all, I have been following Bauer's thought and publications for long, cosidering his positions to be one of the most developed and well-informed (this is, informed much beyond the strict limits of the mainstream) in the field of STS.

I have contacted Bauer already, and he agreed to give an interview, with myself as an interviewer.

And, I hope, you, Psience Quest community members, would approve my invitation of this controversial thinker. Wouldn't you?

If you approve my choice of our future guest... Then, I'm waiting for your question proposals! Smile

Update: the interview is cancelled to prevent conflict, leaving of members and potential split.
(This post was last modified: 2017-09-28, 03:32 PM by Vortex.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vortex's post:
  • Silence
It's so great that you're so proactively going about finding interviewees and organising interviews, Vortex! On the subject of this interview, though, I just want to check to see whether you're aware of the discussion going on in this thread: Should we permit interviews on non-core subjects, esp AIDS/HIV?
[-] The following 2 users Like Laird's post:
  • Roberta, Doug
(2017-09-27, 07:37 PM)Vortex Wrote: Recently, Alex has posted a short and simple interview with Henry Bauer,  So, I decided to interview him myself, here, on Psience Quest - and to do a harder and better job than Alex did.   Then, I'm waiting for your question proposals! Smile

Henry, are you a homosexual? Have you had any experiences with homosexual ETs?
Sorry Vortex - not thrilled with this interview  and won't be taking part if it's posted - have given my views in the thread Laird posted.
(This post was last modified: 2017-09-28, 10:59 AM by Roberta.)

• View a Printable Version