Psi Multimedia Resources Thread

144 Replies, 49569 Views

(2017-11-07, 01:48 PM)Chris Wrote: Russell Brand interviews explains morphic resonance to Rupert Sheldrake:

They seemed to hit it off quite well. There was a touching moment at the end when it looked as though they would be going to evensong at Westminster Abbey together. I think Sheldrake was up for it, and probably Brand would have been too if ayahuasca had been on offer ...
Courtesy of the SPR Facebook page, here's an episode of the "Trapademic" podcast in which Alex P. Wilson interviews Callum E. Cooper about "his battle with Wikipedia, parapsychology, reading for a degree and the nature of skepticism":
https://trapademic.com/blog/2017/11/20/e...m-e-cooper

Wilson describes himself as "a young, rising psychologist", and is completing a Ph.D. at the University of Northampton (where Cooper is a lecturer), researching (among other things), the "trap community".

After several minutes' online research, I still can't work out what the trap community is. The options I've identified so far are a kind of music, something to do with transgender, something to do with drug dealing, something to do with computer network management, or a small village in Carmarthenshire.
Courtesy of the Daily Grail, here's a talk by Dean Radin entitled "Magic: A Scientific Resurrection of an Esoteric Legend", originally posted in September:
https://slideslive.com/38903721/magic-a-...ric-legend
(2017-11-23, 09:04 AM)Chris Wrote: Courtesy of the Daily Grail, here's a talk by Dean Radin entitled "Magic: A Scientific Resurrection of an Esoteric Legend", originally posted in September:
https://slideslive.com/38903721/magic-a-...ric-legend

In his recent podcast, Alex Tsakiris seemed to be wondering whether Dean Radin's new "magic" theme represented a fundamental change in his approach, or whether it was essentially a marketing strategy for his book. Responding to a member of the audience at the end, Radin answers this question:

"It's a conscious strategy ... it's simply a way of attracting people's attention immediately to the topic. If I could find a euphemism that would be acceptable within the academic world I would probably use it ... This is a strategic decision on my part and also on the part of the book publisher, who is well aware of the fact that if you write about something that no one actually knows what that is because it's a euphemism, no one's going to buy it."

So I don't think he is going to be conjuring up demons or conducting controlled tests of medieval spells in the lab.

I thought it was interesting that he speculated not only that computers would achieve consciousness, but also that when they did, they would develop psychical superpowers.
Now he's moving toothpicks (in a manner of speaking):

[-] The following 2 users Like Doug's post:
  • Ninshub, tim
Exciting new psychokinesis video from Sean McNamara:

Quote:Watch what happens as Sean McNamara teaches a group of energy workers how to use the energies of mind and body to move objects through intention. To learn how to do telekinesis yourself, please visit http://www.MindPossible.com and find out about Sean's classes, books, and online video courses.
[-] The following 3 users Like Doug's post:
  • Ninshub, Kamarling, Typoz
(2018-02-02, 12:57 AM)Doug Wrote: Exciting new psychokinesis video from Sean McNamara:

A couple of thoughts. I wonder whether he thought of keeping the camera on the jars when nobody is there and nobody is thinking about moving anything. Secondly, it would be interesting to see an experiment in a vacuum. I am wondering whether the telekinesis is influencing the air movement or only the object.
I do not make any clear distinction between mind and God. God is what mind becomes when it has passed beyond the scale of our comprehension.
Freeman Dyson
[-] The following 2 users Like Kamarling's post:
  • Doug, Typoz
(2018-02-02, 02:16 AM)Kamarling Wrote: A couple of thoughts. I wonder whether he thought of keeping the camera on the jars when nobody is there and nobody is thinking about moving anything. Secondly, it would be interesting to see an experiment in a vacuum. I am wondering whether the telekinesis is influencing the air movement or only the object.

My impression is that Sean McNamara's focus is more experiential than experimental. However, he does reply to many of the comments beneath his videos, so you might post your questions/suggestions to his page.

I find it interesting (and well-advised) that he's been targeting energy healers for his classes. In doing so, people already experienced in focusing their intention are thus preselected from the larger population, making it easier to obtain positive results quickly. The obvious analog for this in formal psi research is the subset of ganzfeld studies using artistically gifted subjects.

If anyone's interested, Sean also participated in a discussion with Aprylisa about the class filmed in the previous video:

[-] The following 2 users Like Doug's post:
  • Typoz, Kamarling
I can't help feeling that if it were that easy, it could be done in the lab on demand, and the argument about psi would be over.
What I found interesting the last video was something I'd not previously picked up on, in my understanding of this topic. At about 7 minutes, when discussing the technique she used, there was the idea of beauty. This wasn't entirely an aesthetic appreciation of what was observed, but more of an part of the technique. Beauty becomes something which is used, as part of the process. It might almost be considered a form of technology, at least as a way of explaining its role.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Typoz's post:
  • Doug

• View a Printable Version