Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Psi Multimedia Resources Thread
(11-07-2017, 01:48 PM)Chris Wrote: Russell Brand interviews explains morphic resonance to Rupert Sheldrake:

They seemed to hit it off quite well. There was a touching moment at the end when it looked as though they would be going to evensong at Westminster Abbey together. I think Sheldrake was up for it, and probably Brand would have been too if ayahuasca had been on offer ...
Courtesy of the SPR Facebook page, here's an episode of the "Trapademic" podcast in which Alex P. Wilson interviews Callum E. Cooper about "his battle with Wikipedia, parapsychology, reading for a degree and the nature of skepticism":
https://trapademic.com/blog/2017/11/20/e...m-e-cooper

Wilson describes himself as "a young, rising psychologist", and is completing a Ph.D. at the University of Northampton (where Cooper is a lecturer), researching (among other things), the "trap community".

After several minutes' online research, I still can't work out what the trap community is. The options I've identified so far are a kind of music, something to do with transgender, something to do with drug dealing, something to do with computer network management, or a small village in Carmarthenshire.
"There are more things in philosophy than are dreamt of in heaven and earth."
Courtesy of the Daily Grail, here's a talk by Dean Radin entitled "Magic: A Scientific Resurrection of an Esoteric Legend", originally posted in September:
https://slideslive.com/38903721/magic-a-...ric-legend
(11-23-2017, 09:04 AM)Chris Wrote: Courtesy of the Daily Grail, here's a talk by Dean Radin entitled "Magic: A Scientific Resurrection of an Esoteric Legend", originally posted in September:
https://slideslive.com/38903721/magic-a-...ric-legend

In his recent podcast, Alex Tsakiris seemed to be wondering whether Dean Radin's new "magic" theme represented a fundamental change in his approach, or whether it was essentially a marketing strategy for his book. Responding to a member of the audience at the end, Radin answers this question:

"It's a conscious strategy ... it's simply a way of attracting people's attention immediately to the topic. If I could find a euphemism that would be acceptable within the academic world I would probably use it ... This is a strategic decision on my part and also on the part of the book publisher, who is well aware of the fact that if you write about something that no one actually knows what that is because it's a euphemism, no one's going to buy it."

So I don't think he is going to be conjuring up demons or conducting controlled tests of medieval spells in the lab.

I thought it was interesting that he speculated not only that computers would achieve consciousness, but also that when they did, they would develop psychical superpowers.
Now he's moving toothpicks (in a manner of speaking):

[-] The following 1 user Likes Doug's post:
  • tim