Posting on iPad

10 Replies, 2398 Views

Apologies if this is in the wrong place or had been reported already. 

I have noticed that when I type replies on my iPad it seems to be ok for a short while then become slower and slower at echoing back the characters. If I delete a character when this happens, it seems to keep deleting until the entire post has been removed. It's a bit of a problem for me as I tend to use the iPad 90% of the time.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Obiwan's post:
  • Stan Woolley
(2017-09-18, 02:12 PM)Obiwan Wrote: Apologies if this is in the wrong place or had been reported already. 

I have noticed that when I type replies on my iPad it seems to be ok for a short while then become slower and slower at echoing back the characters. If I delete a character when this happens, it seems to keep deleting until the entire post has been removed. It's a bit of a problem for me as I tend to use the iPad 90% of the time.

Have moved this from the "Other" forum to the "Forum Questions and Suggestions" forum.

Yes, Obiwan, it has already been reported, by Chuck, about three weeks ago in the thread Slow Reaction From Forum -- Keyboard.

Chuck says it doesn't affect any of his other apps. He reported the problem on a laptop, so it's apparently not just iPads that are affected.

It hasn't affected me yet, and since I can't reproduce it, there's not much I can do to debug it. Maybe googling will turn something up.
[-] The following 2 users Like Laird's post:
  • Doug, Obiwan
(2017-09-19, 07:10 AM)Laird Wrote: Have moved this from the "Other" forum to the "Forum Questions and Suggestions" forum.

Yes, Obiwan, it has already been reported, by Chuck, about three weeks ago in the thread Slow Reaction From Forum -- Keyboard.

Chuck says it doesn't affect any of his other apps. He reported the problem on a laptop, so it's apparently not just iPads that are affected.

It hasn't affected me yet, and since I can't reproduce it, there's not much I can do to debug it. Maybe googling will turn something up.
Ok thanks Laird. It happened on my iMac too.
(This post was last modified: 2017-09-19, 07:38 AM by Obiwan.)
This post has been deleted.
(2017-09-18, 02:12 PM)Obiwan Wrote: Apologies if this is in the wrong place or had been reported already. 

What I try to do, is type slower, and when I want to delete part of something I write, instead of pressing backward like usual, I highlight the bit I want rid of, and 'cut' it.

I use the iPad almost exclusively and this is the only site that this has been a problem. Having said that, it's the only site that I write loads on.
Oh my God, I hate all this.   Surprise
[-] The following 2 users Like Stan Woolley's post:
  • Doug, Obiwan
I have also noticed that problem once in a while on my desktop (Mac) and iPad/iPhone. I usually just select and copy all the text I've written so far, reload the page (which results in a blank reply box) and paste the text back in. It seems to work fine after that.

Linda
[-] The following 1 user Likes fls's post:
  • Obiwan
I'm sure the wonderful people behind this forum are working on it, so no rush, but thought I'd also add that I can't really use my phone for Psiencequest as it is either buggy or not formatted for the screen in a way that is easy to use.
(2017-09-24, 01:50 AM)Hurmanetar Wrote: I'm sure the wonderful people behind this forum are working on it, so no rush, but thought I'd also add that I can't really use my phone for Psiencequest as it is either buggy or not formatted for the screen in a way that is easy to use.

Hurm, have you tried the "Mobile Friendly" theme? You can switch to it via the dropdown box at the very bottom right of the page. Last I checked, it didn't (yet) support the "View Unread Posts" button, but we can sort that out if the theme is being used by folks.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Laird's post:
  • Hurmanetar
I also have this issue. I recently discovered it stops typing slowly if I start a new paragraph. It only starts typing slowly a few lines into a paragraph, but if I start a new one it's good as new.

I've also noticed that its autocorrect/predictive typing on mobile on my iPhone is unbearable.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dante's post:
  • Obiwan
(2017-09-24, 02:32 AM)Laird Wrote: Hurm, have you tried the "Mobile Friendly" theme? You can switch to it via the dropdown box at the very bottom right of the page. Last I checked, it didn't (yet) support the "View Unread Posts" button, but we can sort that out if the theme is being used by folks.

Hey! That's a lot better! Thanks for the tip.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hurmanetar's post:
  • Laird

• View a Printable Version